Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Lets meet in Stillorgan and decide there. I live in Deansgrange so I can check the story with the pizzeria before heading up. There's no point in going to TGI again. Though the food was fine, we all ended up eating the same thing we''d have had in Empty Pockets. And Eithne, if you read this, no fluff! I coughed up a hairball when I got home last time (sounds dodgy as hell that but anyway!!)

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Re: Dublin Members

Re: Dublin Members

Pizza place has closed down I'm afraid.

Let's meet at Eddies as usual.

Only problem with Dalky is the lack of parking. Anyone know what time the church carpark is open till?

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Why dont you try the Orchard, just down from eddies opposite the old Esmonds ford garage/ Bondi, it does good food and has a private carpark that the outdoor smoking/eating area looks onto !!! I tried to get the Vagdrivers lot to go there before but as I dont attend the meets anymore they didnt try it and wondered North to Rockets in Walkinstown!!!

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
any updates on what the plan is for the march meet? hope to make it my 1st meet since joining the club...nice to put faces to names.....

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
any updates on what the plan is for the march meet? hope to make it my 1st meet since joining the club...nice to put faces to names.....

Well the normal thing is, we meet up in Stillorgan at Eddie Rockets at 7PM. The last few weeks we've been going for a drive and then for grub.
Not sure where we're going for food yet. But come along next Wendesday and sure we'll have a plan by then.

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
Well the normal thing is, we meet up in Stillorgan at Eddie Rockets at 7PM. The last few weeks we've been going for a drive and then for grub.
Not sure where we're going for food yet. But come along next Wendesday and sure we'll have a plan by then.

my intention is to be there, but my bug is in getting some minor work done, have been promised it will be ready last monday, thats been pushed out till this weekend, so hopefully will be ready in time. dont fancy attending in the ford focus....fingers crossed!!

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Ok guys, I checked the church car park today that is opposite the Queens in Dalkey and it closes at 12 midnight. So I decided I'd check out the route around Dalkey and Killiney, which is a gorgeous route, but it seems a no go as the vico road along killiney beach is closed due to a wall falling or something, and the rest of killiney's roads are pot-hole-icious to say the least. Dalkey itself is fine. So I tried driving another route from stillorgan so you can tell me what you think.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ireland+(Stillorgan+Shopping+Centre)&daddr=Mount+Merrion+Ave%2FN31+to:Queen's+Rd+to:53.288128,-6.123462+to:4+Castle+Street,+CO.+DUBLIN,+Co.+Dun+Laoghaire-Rathdown,+Ireland+(The+Queen's+Bar+%26+Restaurant)&hl=en&geocode=FfYhLQMdc2Sh_yGR6VcaarWh0w%3BFYRBLQMdmGKh_w%3BFaE0LQMdG2ui_w%3B%3BFQL2LAMd2dCi_yHXgAIVYjaRqg&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=3&sz=15&via=1,2,3&sll=53.287077,-6.127539&sspn=0.013751,0.036864&ie=UTF8&z=15

It took me roughly 20 mins to do it at 9pm tonight in my beetle and there are no ramps for dirty1. But if you guys would rather do a completely different route, and save this route for the some other time so u can add Killiney into it coz its pretty scenic I don't mind. Just thought I'd give some sort of suggestion anyway!

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
... Alice, I'll take my pressie then (y)

I'll have the camper with me if you want to borrow it for a while, just make sure you clean up afterwards!
I hate when people eat birthday-cake and leave crumbs all over the place .... :D

Last edited: