Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Seems like these meets are starting to take off. A run followed by food is a great idea!

Hoping to make next months and get the wife to take her '67 bug....which is ALMOST ready! ;)

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Seems like these meets are starting to take off. A run followed by food is a great idea!

Hoping to make next months and get the wife to take her '67 bug....which is ALMOST ready! ;)

looks like a good meet, i thought it was tonight , so whos who in the pics

Great stuff, lookin forward to meetin u guys. It'll be easier mintman to introduce in person, though I'll be impressed if you remember all the names. I'm still struggling :lol2:

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
i feel so much better now guys.. i thought it was just coz i was the new guy i knew no names... dont feel so bad now.. i can rem a few, so doin well

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Or we could just stand forward at the meet and go "Hi, I'm _____ and I've been addicted to bugs for 3 years now!"

Ross, u just must be so popular, hehehe! Well Stev I remembered because of the link with mini's also, and Graham, I didn't catch ur name on the nite but now coz of the posts I know it. Love the panel van!! Ok, so I know pretty much all the names. I just didn't catch the name of the guy with the yellow and black bay, or the guy with the sweet navy 66 bug, who also has the 911 and karmann ghia? And I was chattin to him for a lot of the night. cant remember the name of his mate from Navan. After that I can safely say I know all the names :) 3 isn't too bad :)

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
... I just didn't catch the name of the guy with the yellow and black bay, or the guy with the sweet navy 66 bug, who also has the 911 and karmann ghia? And I was chattin to him for a lot of the night. cant remember the name of his mate from Navan...

Yellow & black bay = Luke (3nero)
66 bug/911/Ghia = Darren O'Beirne
Navan man = Gordon ?

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Yellow & black bay = Luke (3nero)
66 bug/911/Ghia = Darren O'Beirne
Navan man = Gordon ?

Thanks Rocky. U know ur members :) Well Brian, I find the meetings just encourage the addiction. There is no hope, hehe. And I'm not prepared to go cold turkey. I'm currently using my bug as my daily driver and loving it. Just have to sort out the brakes, stop them squeaking and she's a little beaut after that!
Have the march meet booked off work now so will grab the collection of hoodies :)

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
March 3rd

March 3rd

I presume its the same time. Is Stillorgan going to be the meeting point? or are we going to try that Italian place. Still coughing up the fluff from the last meet ha LOL :lol:

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
I think Hugo was friends with the guy who runs it so maybe if we got in touch with him we could see if it was open, alternatively we could go for that spin I suggested a few weeks ago, and maybe go for pub grub in the queens like Ross suggested? There is a church carpark across the road from it :)

A possible suggestion for the next "meet and eat". Maybe meet up in stillorgan, and take a spin up the dualler, up through deansgrange, though glenageary, up to dalkey, through killiney (up the vico rd by killiney beach), into cabinteely, and over to the pizza place in deansgrange? It'd probably take between 30 mins and 45mins. But its cool if ya just wanna do Stillorgan to deansgrange thats cool either.Just a suggestion.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
3rd March is good for me, so i'll be there...wherever there is! :D

Finished off re-wiring the '67 tonight so a few more days and it should be on the road...fingers crossed!