Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

The Drag day #2 Thread.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
what do you do if you're not sure what vehilce/class you'll be in? I'd like to have my beetle ready to enter the stock 1600 class but at the same time, the B2 Passat might be ready either. If neither are, the diesel bay Westy would be the backup plan...

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
what do you do if you're not sure what vehilce/class you'll be in? I'd like to have my beetle ready to enter the stock 1600 class but at the same time, the B2 Passat might be ready either. If neither are, the diesel bay Westy would be the backup plan...

get off the internet ! get your finger out the bug should be sorted in a week. you don't even have a test to worry about .

check list .

does it have 4 wheels
does it have brakes
does it have a running engine
does it change gear ,optional.
does it steer , optional as your racing in a straight line.
does it hold fluids without wetting ground
and finally does the body /rust hold the 4 wheels together without parts falling off.
if the answer is yes to the above then your good to go.

Last edited:

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
FMy 62 fails on the second an last of that list..... I'm getting told I'm taking on too much again as I don't have engines yet either but I still want 2 cars, one for me an one for the auld lad!

Time is still my problem as I'm still tipping away at the house an tryin to keep the daily
motors in check.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Right thats pretty much it for the pre entry, entries are open the general public as from tomorrow, dont be complacent thinking youll easily grab a spot later, its going to fill fast and when the places are gone, they are gone, no exceptions.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I'm booking as soon as I get paid. I want to sort out a way of towing the beetle up with the van too. The craic of having to nurse it home after I broke it last year was no fun! Was worth it though, and I need to figure out a way of getting into the 15s. 16.1 was my best last year and it's too close to leave.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
I'm booking as soon as I get paid. I want to sort out a way of towing the beetle up with the van too. The craic of having to nurse it home after I broke it last year was no fun! Was worth it though, and I need to figure out a way of getting into the 15s. 16.1 was my best last year and it's too close to leave.

I'd say taking out your passenger and rear seat would get you down into the 15s - I was amazed the difference losing a spare wheel and heavy toolbox made

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Done, 2 entries in.... Dad reckons I'm trying to do too much again but I'd love to have the Bouncer there too. I had better decide what motor we're building an order the parts ASAP.