Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Team Bugbitz ( well, Ben and Dave) Goes drag racing, Straightliners Eniskillen!!!!

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
more modifications, if you run a sidewinder exhaust, like me, you can't run a generic traction bar as the muffler is in the way, so what to do, i know, a stinger will do the job, but none come with zero upsweep, so what to do???
cut the small flange off and bore the centre out in the lathe, take a stinger pipe and jig it so it sits straight and weld it up.

IMG_0274.jpg

so i can now fit the traction bar, plus we put the muffler on the scales, thats a whole 5 kilos saved.

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Last edited:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Mark spent the day setting up Daves emerald ecu for an ignition map.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
well the boys at the dyno reckon they are 33% there, they are beating him up lol they crack me up, that car will go efi turbo, wether Dave likes it or not haha.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Nice job Dave and good luck with the first outing! My engine builder insisted on 1/2" ID tubing for my Bonneville engine fuel line. I had to drill out the bung on the fuel tank and buy an adapter from CB Performance. He also made sure that I had more than 5 gallons of race fuel in the stock fuel tank since it sloshes to the rear when starting out. best of luck .

beetle back together today after loads of modifications , ready for the next outing on the 10th june .

the car should launch harder now , fitted a roll cage and tied it into the rear suspension with tie bars to the frame horn ends , made custom transmission mounts and added a centre transmission mount.
fitted a new 8mm id fuel pipe from tank, then rewired the car front to back. down to the dyno tommorow to find my missfire problem.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
I got home to find my £9.99 track day camera in the letterbox, key fob type cheapie, fired it up and went out for a quick spin, i gotta say for the money its a good little job, the hd version is 40 and is very good, but for a tenner this will do me.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
considering its a dinky Jobbie, it doesn't do bad, got an 8gb micro sd card, it'll film for as long as the battery lasts which is around 1 hour and still have plenty of space left, you can also take snaps with it.
543732_10150846969651644_1208975425_n.jpg

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
I really had a good day today, the morning session was crap, we only got two runs in, we got 4 in the afternoon, so only 6 runs, still did my personal best, 13.82, 1.9 60ft, the traction bar help massively, Dave ran 13.99 but was having traction issues all day, there so much more in his car, but only the 2nd time out, it was a weird afternoon, after the real early start and all the hanging around, i think we both ended up with a bit of Ards face heatstroke lol. I'm fucked. pics and vids to come.