Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Team Bugbitz ( well, Ben and Dave) Goes drag racing, Straightliners Eniskillen!!!!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Are you viewing on an iPhone?
No, got a virus a few weeks ago trying to open the tech section on Club 80-90.
As a result I'm back using internet explorer as I can't access firefox or google chrome. I now remember why I haven't used it it years.

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
drag racing in eniskillen

drag racing in eniskillen

Yesterday (sunday) me and ben aka 56 oval took our cars to Eniskillen airport where the Straightliners have a drag racing day event.
Very pro set up with a great track thats normally a live runway not a farm track .

Saturday we run my car on the dyno and it made 145bhp .

First run over the quarter mile the cluch was slipping , but the car pulled 15.54 sec @83mph

After the run ben said the clutch will need to bed in .

second run 13.87sec @ 97mph

Then i started to get problems with jumping out of 1st gear still got a few more decent times 14.10 sec @96mph 14.47sec @ 96mph

I now need to sort out my standard gearbox mounts . and we should be able to take half a second off the times.

This event is mainly Honda's,Toyota's and Nissans they had never had old cars run before. The beetles got a good bit of attention once we started thrashing jap cars.
Ive never raced over the quarter mile before, all i can say is , what a buzz !!

Ill let ben tell his version of the day himself.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
amazing what you can do with 145BHP. A lot of family shopping trolley cars are putting that out but wouldn't stand a chance against your bug. Looks like great craic!!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Brilliant thread lads and well done on the times.

@ Caddy; that Vento driver must have shit himself when you left him for dust :D

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
go on then!!!!! ;-)

you should get yourself out there coxy, yours has a nice bit of grunt (off the flat spot lol)

Last edited:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
moew.jpg

God bless google images.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
when i drove it i took a measurement, the earth does precisely 1 rotation on its axis before your advance kicks in!!!! :p

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
:lol:

Even the elderly in their motorised chairs are laughing at me when I take off! In fact, they could probably out drag me at this stage :D

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
lol, heres Daves first proper power run after we sorted the ignition and fuelling, do you think he was happy lol, although he ended up with more power as a brucey bonus !!