Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Aircooled drag day?

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Anyone any pics of the milk float at all on the track, filled her up in Lusk last night, petrol everywhere underneath, new fuel lines for tomorrow.
All the same it didn't miss a beat on its 720mile trip between Saturday & Sunday.
Think it cost close to 200 yoyo's on juice, mind you we could have been losing a lot along the way.

That is epic Keith, fair play to ye....

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Trevor Brady 3-48
Colin Taylor 3-55
Kevin O'Brien 1-04 before lunch, 3-04 after lunch
Padraig Kelleher 3-47
John Murray 2-15

I was in Class 1 before arriving but the Beetle wasn't finished in time so I took the T25, was shifted to class 2. My window sticker said 1-15 originally but one of the lads at the sign-in counter changed the 1-15 to 2-15 with a marker.

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Trevor Brady 3-48
Colin Taylor 3-55
Kevin O'Brien 1-04 before lunch, 3-04 after lunch
Padraig Kelleher 3-47
John Murray 2-15
Graham Young 2-40

Still haven't taken the sticker off the window... not willing to admit its over yet :p

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
As most of you know my bug shit itself on the way up on the m1 so I had to abandon it at j12,I am absolutely gutted not to have ran it on the quarter,but these things happen..
Anyway I really want to give a huge thank you to a few guys on here.firstly to Graham for stopping on the M1 and giving me a lift.I had never met Graham before so the sight of some looney dancing,waving and jumping up and down on the side of the motorway at 7.30 on a sunday morning would make many a person put the boot down..:)It was col to ride in such a beautiful splitty.
Thanks then to Paul(stump)who offered me a lift in the jap bug from the services to Bishopscourt.A nice scenic drive on a beautiful sunday morning with the bugs aircon keeping us cool..
Thanks to Trev who brought me the whole way home to my door despite nearly killing us both just outside Termonfeckin.Enjoye the trip home in the golf.That thing really can move.
Thumbs up to Davey(Duts),Mikey,and the other racer who all offered their bugs to me for a razz up the track.I really wanted to but one fucked engine is enough for anyone any given sunday so didn't want to take any chances.Cheers lads.
Finally thanks to the one and only Pete for picking up the car nd dropped it to my place todayCheers buddy.
As for the plans for the car lets just say after what I seen and loved yesterday the bodywork isn't as important anymore.Gonna clean it up lighten the fuck out of it and build a half decent motor for it..
Ben and Dave you have me addicted and I didn't even get a run..Fuckin ace..:)

Haha, more than welcome man, and great to meet you.. there was a split second of thinking "do I stop and risk getting murdered here?.." but we figured it had to be an eircooler to be dancing around on the motorway like a mad-man at that time of the morning :p
Hope you get your motor sorted soon
G

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Big thanks to all who organized this. I wasn't sure I was gonna make it up on the day but glad I did. I didnt race but there was a great turn out either way. Well impressed with the effort put in and of course the times set. Always a great day with Vee dub people and all eircooler's!

Thanks again!

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
I'm missing a 14.9 from the morning, I have the slip. I did 2 runs, then my Dad an Kyle both ran 15.3. That means we had 11 runs in the car!!!

Did the lanes get mixed up?.. They did for one of my runs (against your Dad). Run 15, Im down for 14.614 (i wish.. haha) and Ivan is down for 18.392, which was my best time. The numbers must have just got swapped.. (so thats another good time for the Backyard Industries car ;))

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
There will always be the odd discrepency, to put 55+ vehicles down the track in an orderly fashion is a lot harder than you think, every time you pull up to the line one guy has to enter your details into the system, the guys in the control room were FLAT OUT, you wouldnt believe how hard they work. Those of you with a handle on the numbers you were running will know that a lot quicker number is obviously a mistake, it also only takes a bird, leaf or bit of rubbish to cross the beams at the 1/4 and it will trip the system, there are always minor errors that just cant be helped, so lets not get too hung up on it.

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
There will always be the odd discrepency, to put 55+ vehicles down the track in an orderly fashion is a lot harder than you think, every time you pull up to the line one guy has to enter your details into the system, the guys in the control room were FLAT OUT, you wouldnt believe how hard they work. Those of you with a handle on the numbers you were running will know that a lot quicker number is obviously a mistake, it also only takes a bird, leaf or bit of rubbish to cross the beams at the 1/4 and it will trip the system, there are always minor errors that just cant be helped, so lets not get too hung up on it.

Of course man. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or giving out in the slightest.. I couldn't fault the guys in the control room at all. We all saw how flat out they were all day and they did a top job, and were still willing to have the craic and banter with each and every eager punter as we scurried up to collect our time slips after each run, asking us how we were doing, and offering words of encouragement all the way..

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Yeah I haven't be off bloody Facebook all bloody week. Look me up an add me as a friend an ill add you to the drag day group. There's only one Tsar Sheane on Facebook LOL

Ben I wasn't complaining, Im racing stuff for years so I know the deal with timing systems. I knew Grahams an Dads times were entered in the wrong lane. I have the slips for 4 morning runs, just the timing only shows 3 of them that's all, dosent effect anything either way.

Im actually really impressed with the set up. I see on Autostadt they are calling for an H2O event with various suggestions of venues etc. what they don't realize is the reason for this being so successful was the timing system. Head to head racing isn't where its at, beating your own PB is what it's all about so it doesn't matter if you race a moped or a top fuel dragster, improving RT's, 60ft an end times is what kept everyone doing run after run. Without the proper timing an break down, it's just not the same.