Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Aircooled drag day?

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Yeah I haven't be off bloody Facebook all bloody week. Look me up an add me as a friend an ill add you to the drag day group. There's only one Tsar Sheane on Facebook LOL

Ben I wasn't complaining, Im racing stuff for years so I know the deal with timing systems. I knew Grahams an Dads times were entered in the wrong lane. I have the slips for 4 morning runs, just the timing only shows 3 of them that's all, dosent effect anything either way.

Im actually really impressed with the set up. I see on Autostadt they are calling for an H2O event with various suggestions of venues etc. what they don't realize is the reason for this being so successful was the timing system. Head to head racing isn't where its at, beating your own PB is what it's all about so it doesn't matter if you race a moped or a top fuel dragster, improving RT's, 60ft an end times is what kept everyone doing run after run. Without the proper timing an break down, it's just not the same.

wah hay, think I'm in now. I'll friend you anyhow, I'm feeling lonely with my one friend on there at the moment :canada:

I agree on the improving PBs, it started to quickly get all about the 100ths of a second! Having someone close to your times really helped though - Pete, Trev Kobat and myself were all fairly close to each other so when you can get an inkling of the other car right on your shoulder it really helps your focus on gear changes, etc. I got my best time against Kev's 924 because it pushed me all the way to the end whereas I didn't have the same push when I saw Ross streaking away like a bullet :ROFLMAO:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Yeah I haven't be off bloody Facebook all bloody week. Look me up an add me as a friend an ill add you to the drag day group. There's only one Tsar Sheane on Facebook LOL

Ben I wasn't complaining, Im racing stuff for years so I know the deal with timing systems. I knew Grahams an Dads times were entered in the wrong lane. I have the slips for 4 morning runs, just the timing only shows 3 of them that's all, dosent effect anything either way.

Im actually really impressed with the set up. I see on Autostadt they are calling for an H2O event with various suggestions of venues etc. what they don't realize is the reason for this being so successful was the timing system. Head to head racing isn't where its at, beating your own PB is what it's all about so it doesn't matter if you race a moped or a top fuel dragster, improving RT's, 60ft an end times is what kept everyone doing run after run. Without the proper timing an break down, it's just not the same.

spot on tsar, it was awesome to see people getting excited about going one or two tenths faster on a 18-19-20 second run, i think it captured the whole ethos of the event to perfection.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
spot on tsar, it was awesome to see people getting excited about going one or two tenths faster on a 18-19-20 second run, i think it captured the whole ethos of the event to perfection.

So when's the next one...bi-annual would be great?..!

marlow

August 24, 2013
Midlands

I'd have to agree with Tsar also. I've been up to Straightliners and Sidewayswayne Drag Events in Enniskillen, where the same timing system (or a similar one) is used and it's essential to these drag days, because at the end of the day, that's the only way you're going to see, if there are improvements and where you need to find them.

/M

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Yeah i got all excited when i seen i broke the 20 sec mark then went "agh shit i'm looking at the wrong lane"!!!!!!! #heartbroken

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
It'd be great to see some of the photos from the weekend on the calendar thread, should be loads of contenders for this month.

maybe some of the club members could add them to the gallery here too.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Just noticed that Duts was using his satnav FFS.

9617775684_3e1f0be3af_b.jpg

marlow

August 24, 2013
Midlands
Actually, there's some nice apps for phones, that can be used for track and drag racing to time yourself based on GPS.

Handy that.

/M