Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Aircooled drag day?

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
aircooleddrag_zps141455ba.jpg

Right folks, ive been banding a few ideas around to get a drag day sorted, would you guys be interested in an aircooled drag day??

Now if you are you'll need to know a few things, it will be held at bishopscourt, which is a long way to travel for most of you in the south, i can put folk up at mine and im sure others will be able to accomodate.

Race day will more than likely be a sunday, which may count a few people out.

Crash helmet mandatory.

The track has a noise curfew, so action wont kick off before 11am, and more than likely run till 5 oclock.

places will have to be pre booked to make this event happen, at the moment i am aiming at costs of £40 a head for unlimited runs, but that price is pending until i hear back from the guy who will host it.

I have spoken to the organiser of the drags at bishopscourt and he is more than happy to accomodate us, but this just will not happen if i cant get the numbers.

It doesnt matter how fast or slow your car is, it could be a 30 sec bus or a 20 sec ghia, the important things is getting folk together for a bit of banter and a good day out at the track. I am willing to bend a little on the aircooled only, so if some of you are stuck with vag waterpumpers, within reason i would say come on down, golf gti's etc maybe even the odd porsche!!!!!

Dates, an agreement of which month is best for everyone (not that it will work for everyone but ill go with the majority, depending on the race organiser)

So there you are, If youve a bug, bus, ghia, thing, tatra, porsche, gti or vag variant then here is your opportunity, the ball is well and truly in your court, start a list with names and vehicle and we'll see where it takes us.

Its over to you :cool:

Cheers

Ben.

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
excellent idea , who would like the title of Irelands quickest 1200 beetle ? 1300 beetle ? 1500 beetle ? 1600 beetle ? ghia ? spitty?

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
excellent idea , who would like the title of Irelands quickest 1200 beetle ? 1300 beetle ? 1500 beetle ? 1600 beetle ? ghia ? spitty?

And indeed a prize for the quickest reaction time? it certainly wont be you or me lol.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
got a question: is there a minimum spec for helmets or will anything do to indemnify the owners?

16a8aa736d6540ff9005b4be6e3c2600.jpg

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
got a question: is there a minimum spec for helmets or will anything do to indemnify the owners?

16a8aa736d6540ff9005b4be6e3c2600.jpg

Anything will do, open face etc as long as its on your noggin, no ones going to be checking them, although a hurling hemet gets you an instant ban from me for looking like a bellend.:p

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
1. Kvinyl (356)
2. 56oval (Beetle)
3. trev (diesel Golf!)
4. Kobat79 (Beetle)
5. caddy (beetle )

and ill run the diesel bay if I have any challengers donal /lorcan.

also anyone wanting to make a weekend out of it camping at my house

loadsabuses you don't need a licence so that's you in with the oval get pete to haul it up .

Last edited:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Two replies saying date dependant?? It wont work without 100 % input, you suggest a date that works for you, i will do all the donkey work and get the whole thing organised but your gonna have to throw me a bone here guys.

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
1. Kvinyl (356)
2. 56oval (Beetle)
3. trev (diesel Golf!)
4. Kobat79 (Beetle)
5. caddy (beetle )
6. podsy (diesel T25 )

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Two replies saying date dependant?? It wont work without 100 % input, you suggest a date that works for you, i will do all the donkey work and get the whole thing organised but your gonna have to throw me a bone here guys.

I hear ya Ben but i'm getting married in a couple of weeks time and really couldn't commit to any date before then and even after that i'll be gone for a fortnight after it, so realistically it be the end of August or September by the time I could make it.
Our experience of trying to get a date that suits everyone is bad too just read some of the agm threads its an absolute disaster. If a date is picked that suits a few go with that cos it'll wreak your tits otherwise. Its a great idea and not something that we get to do too often.
I hope it all works out as we seem to be supporting less and less of these events as a club and maybe this is the shot in the arm the clubs needs.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Thanks for the reply duts, this is exactly what im after, i have nothing to gain through doing this ( financialy) i just want to see people out doing something different and having fun, if this event can bring a few of us together for some " craic" then im all for it. Funny you mentioned those dates as today i was thinking along the lines of end of august beginning of sept. all your input will help folks.

Teresa Dollery

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2007
Limerick
1. Kvinyl (356)
2. 56oval (Beetle)
3. trev (diesel Golf!)
4. Kobat79 (Beetle)
5. caddy (beetle )
6. podsy (diesel T25 )
7.Donal (diesel Bay)

and ill run the diesel bay if I have any challengers donal /lorcan

Donal is up for the challenge !!(y)

End of August/ early September would suit us too, get Eireball out of the way first.

Are you going to VW Action this year Caddy?

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
End of August/beginning Sept would suit me too. In fact pretty much any date the bug is actually working suits me :D It could never be said that I have a hectic social calendar!

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Ok just of the phone with my good friend Louis Newbury, Bernard Newbury Interiors is donating one of its very own t shirts as a winners prize for quickest reaction time, ultra limited edition, so if youve got the skills, it could be yours, and remember, you could win quickest r.t with a 1200 bug or a diesel bay, its not about horsepower, but purely your own skill. I may even get bernie to sign it for you too.

580417_438907516195167_1353980416_n_zps22a6fc66.jpg

Last edited: