Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Team Bugbitz ( well, Ben and Dave) Goes drag racing, Straightliners Eniskillen!!!!

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
take a standard 2.1 wasserboxer head, reworked it will flow nigh on 1000hp. thats 8 valve. (according to my mate) hes made 638bhp out of them so far.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Talking of heads, more shenanegins this week.

Dave welds em up!!

IMG_0364.jpg

no pictures of me, ive spent the last 3 days with a die grinder in my hand.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

stock 044 vs Our reworked head

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

I never want to see a die grinder again, just when you think your done, Dave turns up at the bench with a pair of welded manifolds LOL!!!!

Last edited:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Bang tidy! (Since we're going all Keith Lemon! :D )

So what did you actually do then? Match port the heads to the manifolds or make a straighter run for the gases into the engine or something like that? What are these going to be used on now?

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Bang tidy! (Since we're going all Keith Lemon! :D )

So what did you actually do then? Match port the heads to the manifolds or make a straighter run for the gases into the engine or something like that? What are these going to be used on now?

first off we cc'd the port, they are 62cc's, we then talked about the port size and shape and opted for a wedge (ish) port with a volume of around 75cc's.

It is hard to justify the time that has gone into the heads, I'd say between Daves machining and welding and my time porting, theres over 20 hours in them
The manifolds were welded up and then match ported, theres loads of work in these and the difference in the route to the head versus a standard off the shelf manifold is night and day.
Only the dyno will tell but on the heads as they were the cam just wasnt working, power would peak at 5k, and then drop away.

Once dyno'd Dave will do the last drag in November, after that he rekons its stripdown time, and if the heads work, i'll no doubt be buying them.

Last edited:

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
It is hard to justify the time that has gone into the heads

But if it proves to be a massive improvement it'll all be worth it........! As you know, I did a bit of head work on that little 1905cc I brought up to the rollers, just a bit of combustion chamber re-profiling, minor work on ex ports and inlet ports, the inlets on those heads were actually matched for a set of Dell's I was going to strap on, not the weeny Webers I ended up sticking on, and it made good power for what it was, so I reckon you'll see good gains with all the work you guys have done......!!

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
But if it proves to be a massive improvement it'll all be worth it........! As you know, I did a bit of head work on that little 1905cc I brought up to the rollers, just a bit of combustion chamber re-profiling, minor work on ex ports and inlet ports, the inlets on those heads were actually matched for a set of Dell's I was going to strap on, not the weeny Webers I ended up sticking on, and it made good power for what it was, so I reckon you'll see good gains with all the work you guys have done......!!

yours was very impressive pat, a really stout little engine.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Well that's it, 2012 season over, Dave ran today, I crewed ( tea boy ) 3 runs , greasy startline, 4 th run the clutch blows to pieces (again) lol on a brand new daiken not so super disc . What an awesome year, just 1 tenth of a second between me and Dave over the whole year, it has been epic fun. Here's looking to 2013.