Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Team Bugbitz ( well, Ben and Dave) Goes drag racing, Straightliners Eniskillen!!!!

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Yeah no real increase BUT they flow way better, old 146 tune it peaked at 5k and then dropped dramatically. now it peaks 153 and holds peak power all the way and beyond 7k so effectively theres 2 k rpms worrh of peak horsepower on tap, dave rekons it pulled like a steam train in 3rd now and will go happily to 8k rpm. Still more work to do on them but i think Dave is calling it a day with those heads and doing the superflo's over the winter.

Last edited:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Mark (from the dyno) "i wonder who's clutch that is?" HAHA!!!!

Me "Its not slipping though!!!) no because its shredded LOL

Roll on next season where hopefully some eircoolers will be joining in, it will be awesome.

Last edited:

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
Yeah no real increase BUT they flow way better, old 146 tune it peaked at 5k and then dropped dramatically. now it peaks 153 and holds peak power all the way and beyond 7k so effectively theres 2 k rpms worrh of peak horsepower on tap, dave rekons it pulled like a steam train in 3rd now and will go happily to 8k rpm. Still more work to do on them but i think Dave is calling it a day with those heads and doing the superflo's over the winter.

That's a great result Ben, worth the hours with the die grinder eh.......?

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
were not done one these heads YET, lol one more slap at these before we call it a day, more grinding smoothing and hand finishing, hours pat, another full day on them this week!!!!!

crap phone pic.

IMG_0464.jpg

then its new valve guides, cutback the exhaust port and then a proper 3 angle valve job.

then i think we can call it a day lol.

Last edited:

Cf10

Club Member
Club Member
July 20, 2012
Louth
www.twitter.com
Excellent thread!! Will deffo make it up for a goo next year! I took my vtec up there a couple times years ago, low 15s in a 160 bhp car.....fuckin nuts to see these bad boys geting 13s.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
thanks chaps, roll on 2013 with 3 NEW engines, Mine, Daves and Eircooled's, All 2276cc too ;-) 2 with Ida's one with Efi, should make for an interesting year :)

Happy christmas folks.