Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Jumpstart 2016

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
I have heard of members bringing guitars and ukeles. Of course anyone who can carry a tune is more than welcome to join in with the musicians to entertain until we are sent to bed. Perhaps a poem or other such things of a cultural nature might be performed with enthusiasm if not skill. Some of you might remember a poem recited in a garage that caused a member to emigrate to America.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Gritz was busy working in the workshop until at least 11pm last night. We were very lucky to have been given this car for the weekend and we'll tell you more later in the week. In the meantime, I'd like to say top job Gritz (y)

Well? Fill us in.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I collected some magazines and stickers from Tom in Irish Vintage Scene and Retro Classics in Galway.

Tom also very generously gave us a Sealey socket set to give away on the day!

These Retro Classics workshop posters are very cool so thanks Tom Irish Vintage Scene and Retro Classics.

BTW, Andrew Pollock from Retro Classics and Irish Vintage Scene will be at Jumpstart to capture the event but also looking for future feature cars so shine up!!!!!!

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I think I have some imperial nuts and bolts here for whoever takes home the socket set. :p

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Gritz was busy working in the workshop until at least 11pm last night. We were very lucky to have been given this car for the weekend and we'll tell you more later in the week. In the meantime, I'd like to say top job Gritz (y)

So, why a Herbie?

Well, we were very lucky to have been given this 1962 genuine Ragtop Beetle for the day. It's a left hand drive, just like Herbie and that got Gritz to thinking.....What if we 'Herbied' it up and set up a backdrop behind it, maybe a race themed backdrop? People could get their photos taken beside or in Herbie and make a donation to Barretstown?
Photos will be available to download from the Carbs&Chrome Facebook page.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie

Jon White continues to be a great supporter of the Irish VW scene and within that, a great supporter of Jumpstart.

This year Jon has once again given some really nice prizes including a freshly designed dining set

2x €25 VW Spares vouchers and an aircooled service kit that includes:
  • 5 Litres of oil
  • Fan Belt
  • Rocker Cover Gaskets
  • Oil Strainer & Gasket
  • Spark Plugs
  • Bosch Plug leads

Well Boy

Club Member
Club Member
July 12, 2014
Waterford
Is everything going to be raffled off, or given as prizes for best bug, nicest bus etc.?
Also will there be a prize for bluest Riviera, I might have a chance at that one :helpme:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
A mixture of both. Everyone who brings a VW will get a goodie bag when they register and those registration forms will be used to draw winners in one of the raffles. There is also a raffle ticket draw - the proceeds going to Barretstown.
And finally the 'Top 10' awards covering all classes of VW.

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Can't wait to join you all tomorrow night. I will join the musicians. I will sing a song! Honestly, I will.

Don't forget the Drive in Movie tickets are live again tonight. There was a system malfunction yesterday and they shut down early. The ticket system was mistakenly set to people and not cars and so closed down prematurely!! All sorted now.

Careful now Ted!

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
A few us from north way at meeting at the Kilmore Hotel outside Cavan town at 1pm ish tomorrow (Friday). Anyone else want to journey down that way with us around that time - come along.

Drive in Movie tickets selling well - get booking folks and we'll share all about it at Loughmore

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
meteogram.png

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Anyone from limerick area heading to loughmore sat morning?
I will be at bb's coffee at entrance to B&Q at 09:00. Leave about 09:30 heading out motorway towards neenagh. Can stop at birdhill services if anyone want to join there.