Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Jumpstart 2016

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
What are you up to on Saturday April 23rd?

Fancy meeting up at The Cottage in Loughmore..........?

For some VW chat...........?

Maybe a coffee or some food......?
Oh Yeah, and Jumpstart 2016!!!!!!!!

Ireland's only Volkswagen street event and largest gathering of Aircooled VWs is back in Loughmore (y)

Not only have we a new Jumpstart poster, designed by the famous Lemorris in Arizona ^^^^^^^^^ but this year we have an exclusive Jumpstart sticker which was designed by Dazzla Rock in the UK

This sticker will be available to everyone who arrives in a VW on the day.

You will see that the chosen charity for 2016 is none other than Barretstown which needs no introduction to everyone on Eircooled. I know that you will support our efforts to raise valuable funds for this amazing charity.

This year we will be no prizes by category, instead we will be doing a Top 10 which means this will be more inclusive for everyone involved. The Top 10 awards are being made as I type this and I know you will love them when you see them.

2016 will also see the first convoy of Northern Beetle Owners Club members making the long journey to Jumpstart so with people driving their VW to Loughmore from Kerry, Cork, Donegal, Belfast and everywhere in between, there really are VW fans in all four corners of Ireland :D

I'm very grateful to Rez who once again has volunteered his services for the day and will be playing the soundtrack to your day.
Thanks to Bandy for the facebook pic (y)

Like last year, there will be camping available for those who would like to enjoy a beverage or two on the Friday night and then on Saturday morning wake up and stroll across to The Cottage for a fry up!

Jon White of VW Spares has once again shown his support by sponsoring prizes and of course, Jon will have a stand on the day so if you're looking for that small dashboard switch or complete floorpans he's your man. Why not place your order and collect on the day? To place your order why not go to www.vwspares.ie or call Jon on 0866038449

I cannot finish off without saying a massive thank you to Gritz and Beag of CM Signs for sponsoring Jumpstart once again. They not only sponsor the Jumpstart signs, the directional signs but also the Jumpstart stickers which is a huge deal and I wanted to acknowledge both Brian and Graham for their contribution. They are also part of the Jumpstart team that put this day together so without them, there would be no Jumpstart.

Justin is busy with his crayons colouring in all of the posters so we hope he has enough coloured in by then for everyone in the audience - thumbtacked to the back of your shed door or framed and hung in your mancave, these limited edition Lemorris prints make really cool wall art.

Ooooh, speaking of art, one lucky person will be chosen at random to have their VW featured on next year's poster design. Stay tuned to find out how your pride & joy can become art!!!!!

There is so much more to tell you but for now I hope you'll mark this in your calendar and make your way to Loughmore on Saturday April 23rd.

Justin, Duts, Trev, Liam, Brian, Coxy, Kev & Graham will be there from 11am and hope you can join us too!!!!!

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Great to see this today. I'm in!! Booked accommodation at the Templemore Arms Hotel already and this year plan to join you all the night before for a wee yarn. Trying to encourage folks up here in our wee club NBOC too to join me this year.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Leaving Loughmore this evening I saw that the Mill has gone green for Paddy's weekend........I wonder if we asked them could we light it up with a huge Eircooled logo for the Friday night ;)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
no despect intended but a water pumper hope you will park it about a mile away

How very dare you!!!! One of the greatest cars ever made. And it's the highly desirable 2007 5 door 1.7 Dti "Life" variant in non-metallic grey with steel wheels, stain proof vinyl mats, and a CD player.

Next year I will bring one of those crappy old lawnmowers everyone on here is so obsessed with....

Joe

Club Member
Club Member
October 26, 2014
Co Galway
Remember this Mr Browne when they want your trusty Astra to give them a tow home at the end of the day

Joe (fellow grey Astra owner) ;)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
We're very lucky to have people who give so much of their time to ensure Jumpstart happens, be that on the run up to the day or on the day itself. Another cool thing is the fact that people very generously offer prizes to help bolster the kitty for the charity and one such person is Gary Cassin.
Gary surprised us when he told us he has a really cool piece of kit for all T25 owners out there
I have one of these handmade cup holders to donate as a raffle prize or auction what ever you guys want it's for a t25/t3

It's going to look fantastic on the dash of someone's T25 - check it out www.veedubcudak.co.uk

Here's a pic of it when Gary put it on his dash to show how it looks

Thanks a million Gary for your very generous donation (y)

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Now what an invitation which I readily accept. Looking forward to getting down to Jumpstart and catching up with you all. Hope to have a few more from up north and the NBOC joining the convoy.