Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Jumpstart 2016

hayden cotter

March 11, 2014
bansha/tipperary
Great day in loughmore! Class atmosphere and class V-dubs.Well done to all involved. here's a few from me. have a few more but I was way to lazy with the camera this year.
006.jpgDSC_0025.jpgDSCT_0025.jpg042.jpg

Last edited:

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Great day. Had the Dad with me and he toughly enjoyed the day. Excellent work by all involved!! Great Vee dubs and as always a great bunch of people.

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Where do I begin? Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Jumpstart from the NBOC cruise down with the two great lads from Draperstown Sean and Peter. To the craic at the Loughmore the night before. Really enjoyed the craic and banter and getting to know some of you mad peeps and put faces to forum names. Not too late though. 11:30 is wild late for me!! TAXI!!!!

Got up feeling fresh and down to JumpStart early in the sunshine, to enjoy coffee and chill as everyone arrived. Great atmosphere all day and met so many amazing people.

Felt so welcomed and privileged to be among you all. So inspired. Huge thanks to Coxy, and all the crew the Mayor, Brian, Larry, Rez, Trev, Shifty, Duts, Liam and Valerie, and so many others.

Would love to return the welcome up north to any of you anytime. OXO is a chilled out show on the banks of the Lough Neagh, as Trev said - much the same - no egos - just park up and enjoy.

And of course the Drive in Movie - sat 28th May with Lazy Sunday featuring Dave Manning vw muso traveller and character.

On the cruise up north - Sean, Peter and I ended up in an impromptu 5 beetle convoy to Athlone.

Cathal and team - huge thanks for all your work it was worth it. Hope you repeat it next year and we plan to return with more.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Wow

!. whats it plummed into seems to be sitting about the filler point of the case
2. does this clear the deck lid

seemed like it was getting a feed of oil from that little pipe on the oil pressure switch port. Where it was on the dynamo pedestal , it could easily just drain back in through the base of the pedestal. Really weird setup, no problem being cleared by the engine lid. I thought maybe it was originally an industrial engine, repurposed in that beetle but it's a total guess. Going by the bore of the pipe from the pressure switch, it couldn't be getting much of a feed so it's probably a bypass filter and would probably filter the entire contents of the sump once every few weeks or so :ROFLMAO:

I'm only guessing but it's a curious one, I'd love to know more about it :)

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
As per all the other comments had a great day and hats off to all for the hard work invested. Really paid off.... Great craic, weather, vw's and a boat tailed Buick Riviera thrown in for good measure. Enjoying all the pics.

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
many thanks to coxy beag and the rest of the gang for a brilliant show fair play to ye and the weather was a gift it was great to see all and thanks all for the photos (y)

Louie

Club Member
Club Member
February 26, 2008
Cork
I can echo all the other comments, a fantastic weekend, great session in the pub on Friday night and lovely to be up early Saturday morning to see all the VW's arriving and taking over Loughmore.
RIP to the VW mechanic who had his funeral nicely timed in Loughmore on Saturday morning, surrounded by so many VW's was a nice hat tip to him.
Thanks to everyone who organised the show, was fabulous, and thank you for the award for Freebird in the top 10! Well chuffed.
The superb summer weather was the icing on the cake!

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Well done all, it looks like a fantastic effort from both organisers and attendees. I had the car out and relatively clean ready for the off on Saturday morning when a last minute thing raised its head at work so couldn't make it down. Any idea of the final numbers that showed up?

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Well done all, it looks like a fantastic effort from both organisers and attendees. I had the car out and relatively clean ready for the off on Saturday morning when a last minute thing raised its head at work so couldn't make it down. Any idea of the final numbers that showed up?

I don't think anyone had time for that counting stuff - too busy having fun and all that. Sure have a guess how many it was and then subtract one.

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary

Thanks Padraig 147 was the last count.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie

Sorry you couldn't make it. I hope it wasn't the 'lovely people' I met last week ;)

As for the numbers, I tallied everything up last night and we had 147 VWs register with us on Saturday which is up on last year. I'll do a proper post later to thank everyone but without Kathryn and Lynn running the registration desk we'd never know what was going on and who was there. It's easy to ensure that everyone is in with a chance to win in the registration draw when both ladies are in charge.

BRENDANGOBRIEN

Club Member
Club Member
November 11, 2008
clare
This show just keeps getting better and better each year and is a credit to all involved in the organising this event, well done to ye all. My young fellow, Mark was over the moon about "Herbie" and getting his photo taken with him.(y)

brianm

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2010
Tipp
Was gutted not to make this, this year got about 4 hrs sleep friday night trying to get the beetle in some state to go but didn't make it. Looks like it was a class day !

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
I know it's a bit late to reply to this thread - but been caught up with other bits'n'pieces since last weekend and only getting around to catching up with things now....... so here goes :)

Firstly, thanks to all who organised the event - it was a great day.

I've looked through photos already posted and will try not to put up (too many) doubles (initially, it felt like someone had stolen my phone and uploaded all my pics!)

The Barn job....
Barn.jpg

And I couldn't help but want to wash and polish this!
Polish.jpg

And talking of nice, clean and shiny.....
Engine.jpg

Some mirrors:
Mirror 1.jpg
Mirror 2.jpg
Mirror 3.jpg