Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Indoor Swap Meet, Static Show, & BBQ // Kildare // 2nd December

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
pics, pics, pics...:D

I forgot to take any :-(

I did see one woman taking loads so hopefully she is on here and will post.

The 356B made it out of the shed after 18 years - just about! It is currently sitting abandoned in the middle of the warehouse with a seized handbrake!! The owner tried to start it with a 12V 80A tractor battery (the car is 6V) which I think may have actually almost brought it to life Frankenstein style, but it still didn't start. All the sellers reported that they at least covered their diesel money and in some cases much better. I got a genuine set of Audi alloys for €70 so I am happy out. All in all a good afternoon.

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
It is currently sitting abandoned in the middle of the warehouse with a seized handbrake!!.

So that's why it was so hard to push!

We had a great day, really enjoyed it. A severely hungover Danzig really appreciated the coffee and burgers! Thanks a mil for organising this Ruairi, would love to do it again :)

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
THANK YOU MR.BROWNE AND TO EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED.
A great warehouse which was the ideal venue, and easy to get to. Took less than an hour and a half from Dundalk in a van loaded with stuff. Sold a fair bit of stuff, bought nothing!

Thank you for the continuous flow of tea and coffee and the Burgers and Hotdogs. Good craic with everyone there, plenty of slagging and i think the kids enjoyed the free torches too....!

Well done guys. Heres to the next one...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
thanks to Ruari for providing the venue, promoting the idea and sponsoring the burgers! Great day out: sold a few bits, gave away some scrap and as usual, still managed to come home with more stuff than I set out with. So much for having a bit of a clear-out of the garage... :ROFLMAO:

oh, I think I've converted Duts to the way of the diesel...

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
A big thanks to Ruairi for putting on a well organised Swap/Meet and from the professionalism put into running it I would have no problem leaving my Pride-n-Joy stored in that lovely facility under his watch!

Great venue on such a cold wet day...although when I arrived at 8.45am it was bone dry and the sun was lifting it's colourful head. Didn't realise it was raining outside till much later in the morning which shows just how big a venue this is! :)

Tea and burgers went down lovely...and none of your paper cups either, proper MUGS!!! Thanks to Trevor for manning the BBQ all day! (y)

Sold a few bits...swapped a few bits and although I tried to resist buying anything I did come home with a set of wheels! :p

I've been off the map the past few months and was nice to catch up with all the slagging matches that is Eircooled. ;)

Enjoyed the day, looking forward to the next one.:rate10:

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Yeah, a great day out for me, nice to meet a few faces to put to the usernames.......well hosted Mr Browne...excellent job...Thanks to all the sellers, without your support these type of events just wouldnt work....great job everyone......380miles on the T4 and no mishaps...lol...nice to meet y'all....

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Congrats on a great event Ruairi. Well worth the early start and the drive in the shitty rain there and back.......someday I'll get heating sorted in that car of mine!

Super venue and I hope this swapmeet becomes a regular event (y)

broz

Club Member
Club Member
June 8, 2011
glanmire
Really pissed I missed it, but work is work. Next one in feb? Nothing will defer mine attention towards that

Marathon Man

November 1, 2006
Tallaght, Dublin
www.myvws.org
Fook Fook Fook Fookiddy Fook........!! Ended up in Enfield all day, something I couldn't get out of. :-(
Pity, was looking forward to maybe adding bits to my 'One Day it'll happen' collection....!

What date is the next one planned for? Is there one planned...?

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Fook Fook Fook Fookiddy Fook........!! Ended up in Enfield all day, something I couldn't get out of. :-(
Pity, was looking forward to maybe adding bits to my 'One Day it'll happen' collection....!

What date is the next one planned for? Is there one planned...?

there was a couple of front quarters there too!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Thanks for all the comments. I told Trevor everyone thought the burgers were shite. :)

The next one will be in February I'd say - probably the end of the month. I'll rip-off another VW poster and post it here nearer the time!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Oh an by the way - I met Trev (of Eircooled fame) for the 1st time and then got distracted and never got to have a chat - I apologise for that Trev. Also 69Bug - I know I met you once before but i didn't recognise you so sorry for that as well!! Always happens at these meetings!!

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Thanks again to Ruairi for organising this, it was a great format and venue.

I arrived at 9.40, I had only left my house at 8.50 so from the N11 to the venue it only took me 40-45 mins all dual carriage way so gray location. Plenty of room to set up but obviously if there were loads more traders then it could fill up but then there's loads of room outside. There was enough traders there to make it worthwhile and at 11 everyone else starte to arrive.

It was a great social occasion, catchin up with folk again, meeting those I hadnt met before and also people new to the scene too. Hard to get a chance to talk to everyone (sorry Deckie, meant to get over an have a chat).

Tea an coffee on the go all day, burgers too. Toilets etc even if it's only to wash my hands after handling oily car parts! Fantastic.

All done by 2.30 loaded an gone. (I was last actually as I was chatting to Ruairi but still hit the road at 3. Great to get back an do something with the rest of my day.

As was mentioned earlier I never noticed it was raining outside, I should have had a look at the cars that arrived, particularly the low black bug that I saw pass the door.

Did anyone miss the convoy?

I didn't, it's a swapmeet an served its purpose. Said hello to people I only get to see at shows in the summer, sold enough to cover diesel an hopefully some people found some bits to keep them happy!

Roll on next one.