Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Indoor Swap Meet, Static Show, & BBQ // Kildare // 2nd December

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
whats with the planned drive to kildare village outlet?
adding to the traffic chaos of gettin in and out of it?
or adding to your wardrobe?

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
whats with the planned drive to kildare village outlet?
adding to the traffic chaos of gettin in and out of it?
or adding to your wardrobe?

True enough - that roundabout just outside has been very backed up on weekend afternoons recently

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
I always thinks it odd to have a run at a swap meet, probably because I never get to go as I've a van full of stuff. The last swap meet was great but there wasn't many people buying, there's more people building stuff these days an more members, hopefully it will be good for both buyers and sellers!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
The idea of Kildare Village was that we are passing it anyway on the way back and I thought maybe some people might want to stop there given the time of the year.

Dirty1 - I am open to suggestions on the run - I am not sure stretching out the day will make people more likely to buy though.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Also in relation to the last run in Galway the biggest problem was that none of the sellers let us know they were coming - they all just arrived en-masse!! If you are coming to this and you have a van load of stuff let people know - that would be good for all of us. I am not making any secret of the fact I want to show off my big warehouse so the more bodies the better. This is a completely commercial enterprise - with burgers to say thank you for turning up!! I am hoping that as this is in Naas we will have even more sellers - there are 5 well known VW trader types within an hour of Naas.

Also the big draw here is that it is under a roof - so no water!

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
I'll be heading along to this with a few bits and pieces. Mostly panels that I don't need, bug oem front quarters, bug spare wheel well, heater channels, early bug wings, a couple of exhausts including a ss speedshop turbo muffler and 4 into 1 header, and whatever other goodies I find in the garage that I have no need for!

This should be a great day, really looking forward to it. Thanks Ruairi :)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'll go along with a few boxes of stuff. I could bring more but there probably aren't going to be too many punters for NOS Audi 80 parts...

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Plan on heading to this. It's a great idea and only down the road from me.
I always enjoy a run and seeing how it is almost Christmas maybe we should all wear Santa outfits for the spin..
I also enjoy cake,but that's another story..

Marathon Man

November 1, 2006
Tallaght, Dublin
www.myvws.org
I'll be heading along to this with a few bits and pieces. Mostly panels that I don't need, bug oem front quarters, bug spare wheel well, heater channels, early bug wings, a couple of exhausts including a ss speedshop turbo muffler and 4 into 1 header, and whatever other goodies I find in the garage that I have no need for!

With the above items in mind and me heading to see what's left of my VW at VW Spares tomorrow (after blasting) I'll probably have to bring my shopping trolly to this.....!!!!! I'll get a list off John.... a very long one me's thinks......!!!!!!! :-( or as Trev has already suggested. I'll simply bring a dustpan and brush. :)

Marathon Man

November 1, 2006
Tallaght, Dublin
www.myvws.org

What year Beetle are the heater channels, front quarters, wheel well etc from?
I have my '72, standard 1200, in with John at VW spares and having seen her today after blasting, I need quite a few bits... yup.... QUITE A FEW........!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
we will see about that i guess...you mightnt have to move your car but you will have to make it..you remember youre getting a lift from germany right??.

LOL I know date clash, diary is getting full.

Sure we can Skype from the middle of the Irish Sea..... :O