Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Good meeting in Stillorgan tonight, didn't get many pictures - Ross brought the T25 & Alice had the T4. Water was popular tonight :D

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Great Meet lastnight.

I was thinking we could always skip Stillorgan an just meet at the Goat. It's not far but closer to M50, big an quiet car park, foods good an the waitress's know us an are good craic. Plus no speed bumps on the way in.

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
i think it would make more sense to have it somewhere like naas.
closer for people from meath and kildare[and laois]...
seein as their meets dont turn up many of their own.

it should be more bar than restaurant orientated too,
not every one is in a position to eat out...
and a covered car park would be alot better.

i think also that it should be more about gettin your vw out...
than arriving in a daily...u should experience it in all weather.

SteveR

Club Member
Club Member
April 28, 2009
Knocklyon, Dublin
I agree with the more getting your vw out but to put out the 5 to 10 or more people who regularly turn up to the dublin meets to acomidate the 1 to 3 people who turn up to the Kildare meet doesn't really make sense. The dublin meet has had it's up and downs but I feel if you change it to a Leinster meet then it would die fairly quickly.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
The Dublin meet is fine, it does what it says on the tin, a meet in Dublin! It's going long enough now an always suffers in winter. I think there's more regulars these days an the craic is good as we all know each other. Sure it has it's moments on cold, wet nights but in the summer the numbers can be way up. Perhaps we need more drive outs, there didn't seem to be many in 2013.

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
i was there in november a couple of years ago,
it seemed like the biggest turn out ive seen there.
there wasn't many regulars there the other night...
every one knows each other....? this isnt encouragement to others !

Last edited: