Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
Gonna try make this meet. Clarion Hotel in Liffey Valley area?? Just throwing that out there, might encourage north side, central Dublin folk as well!? Enclosed hotel parking with a large underground car park also. If not no worries...

cheers

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
Gonna try make this meet. Clarion Hotel in Liffey Valley area?? Just throwing that out there, might encourage north side, central Dublin folk as well!? Enclosed hotel parking with a large underground car park also. If not no worries...

cheers

sounds like its a good idea...

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
When the Watercooled lads started moving the venue, the meets started to loose their atmosphere then numbers an now they're crap(just saying). It became a pain, where is it this month? Then the regulars from further south said the north Dublin venues where too far an didn't go.
I like the way we meet in Stillorgan an drive to a different venue, keeps it consistent but then it has variation an people have the option to come early an leave early or arrive late at the second venue LOL.

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
I find it hard to get to stillorgan with traffic that sometimes I don't bother going because it's head wrecking.
I think myself that in winter it would be better to have the meet where we eat instead of meeting in one place and driving to another.
i wouldn't fancy being Darren and having to come over from kilcock all the time so maybe every now and then have a change of venue.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Don't think we should start changing the meeting place four years later.

Nothing to say we can do runs further out with the bright evenings. We do have members that go to the Dublin meeting that aren't on the forum.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
For the craic I just checked the distance from Kilcock or south of Wicklow where myself an Pat come up from an there's about 2km/minutes in it so we're slightly further. That means Stillorgan is the midway point.
I do agree with Mick though, it can be a pain to get into Stillorgan which is why I like heading straight to the Goat as its so easy off the M50 plus again I get home from work etc the later time suits me.

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
Was just throwing that out there... I've also been involved in other vw clubs that only met northside of Dublin. Southside people complained that it was too far on an ongoing never chaning basis! Eventually all that was left were the select few that it did suit until if fizzled out. It takes a new mix from time to time to keep the club intertesting, dynamic, introducing new cars/ people. If we compare 4 years ago to recent turn outs numbers are down. Maybe too late for tonights meet to change, but it should be considered. It may or may not work and the Clarion was just an example, as its exactly middle of the M50. Just a view as not up to me alone to change the venue.
That said I'm looking forward to meet tonight.
Cheers all...

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Strawberry Hall. On the banks of the Liffey (north side, but you can see the south side from here) and almost under the M50.

(not a serious suggestion BTW, t'is none of my business, but I do think M50 proximity is important.) :p