Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
The Goat won the toss.

Great night and lovely food. The night started of with a few people that used to drive VW's, want to drive VW'S and will drive VW's in the future:D then three VW's turned up to tease us, a modren one (T4 Minibus, very welcome on a rainy night) a not so modern one trying to look older!(T25, with a '79 reg) and one '70's Beetle (and it's a daily driver). We went around to the goat and meet Mr & Mrs Sheane (the honey moon period is over he's broke her arm already sending her down a mountain on a BMX;)). Then food, the drink and the staff there are great. Then as we left one of the old VW's broke down on the way out of the car park........ But we got it going after a little while.

On the 2nd of November a Saturday,Eamon McEvoy's band The Scene are playing in The Goat it you want to go along and support an Eircooled member at work!!!

Great summary Brian, I like it......sounds like a great night.....someday ill get to hook up with folks....

Brian

Club Member
Club Member
January 28, 2007
Dublin
I would have stayed in the car park in Stillorgan all night playing on Alice's electric bike. I just hope my own bike doesn't find out.
100_1749.JPG

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Lol, ur secret is safe with us Brian :) I remember my first spin on an ebike and couldn't get over the fun and ease of it! Was a great investment from a daily commute. Discovered the hard way it doesn't really fit in a beetle when I cycled it to castledermot to pick up the bug from VW spares, but good on Jon for finding a way to make it go in. However, in dry weather I managed to get 2 tall Christmas trees into the back of the bug with the roof down on a cold December night :)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
That's why the beetle was the family car of choice for millions, despite how small they are! I love that electric bike too. I haven't cycled so fast in a long time! I enjoy cycling but it's the hills I hate. Then again if I was bothered enough to get into shape I might not mind them too much but I'd still like an electric bike myself!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Looks like the first post is fairly out of date now, what's the current format? I gather it's near Stillorgan, 8ish?

Things haven't changed :D

Outside Eddie Rockets at 7PM - depending on numbers normally venture somewhere else for food after eight.