Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
I agree with the more getting your vw out but to put out the 5 to 10 or more people who regularly turn up to the dublin meets to acomidate the 1 to 3 people who turn up to the Kildare meet doesn't really make sense. The dublin meet has had it's up and downs but I feel if you change it to a Leinster meet then it would die fairly quickly.

who are the 5 or 10 that would be put out?
the ones its most convenient for?
who dont show up all the time anyway.
there are more than 1-3 potentially goin to kildare-laois
that could easily be 5-10 with a bit of an incentive...

at the end of the day...
it would be better for the club.for members and attendance,
if it was more central for more people.

think of the bigger picture

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I don't think we need to change the Dublin meeting, I think we need to replicate it around the country as one big monthly meeting still won't be accessable for the whole country. Maybe the Kildare meeting should move a bit futher south from Dublin to Portlaois or Ulurlingford. We need to have some regular meetings up the East coast Navan, Monaghan, or Belfast. I'm going to start the N17 meeting again in the west on Saturdays.

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
Strawberry Hall. On the banks of the Liffey (north side, but you can see the south side from here) and almost under the M50.

(not a serious suggestion BTW, t'is none of my business, but I do think M50 proximity is important.) :p

if this the road below the m50 bridge [strawberry beds?]
id i think it would be perfect except for some speed bumps that some lowered may have trouble with.
theres a nice pub with a big enough car park there.in a nice location.

or the phoenix park looks like a good central location.

there are probably lots more,but i dont know dublin that well.

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
I don't think we need to change the Dublin meeting, I think we need to replicate it around the country as one big monthly meeting still won't be accessable for the whole country. Maybe the Kildare meeting should move a bit futher south from Dublin to Portlaois or Ulurlingford. We need to have some regular meetings up the East coast Navan, Monaghan, or Belfast. I'm going to start the N17 meeting again in the west on Saturdays.

are u just in from the pub?
kildare meet further south:drinkbeer:

can a map be put up with marker of where members are on it?
it would be easier to see where is central for people all over the country...
to decide meet locations.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Agree with Brian, the location of the Dublin meet is fine and doesn't need to be changed. :D

With summer around the corner, we can always drive out to Saggart and the like to make less of a spin for Pete and the lads.

Maybe the Kildare meet needs to move to Kildare town to accommodate more......

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Agree with Brian, the location of the Dublin meet is fine and doesn't need to be changed. :D

With summer around the corner, we can always drive out to Saggart and the like to make less of a spin for Pete and the lads.

Maybe the Kildare meet needs to move to Kildare town to accommodate more......

Also worth asking if the Kildare meet has to be on a Wednesday or would another day bring bigger numbers?

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Also worth asking if the Kildare meet has to be on a Wednesday or would another day bring bigger numbers?
No it doesn't open to all suggestions there is only a small few of us that attend anyway so any ideas on how to increase numbers are welcome. Its good to debate these issues. Maybe we could start a new thread to kerp this one clear??

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Dublin Meet - 5th of February

Dublin Meet - 5th of February

Right who is about this Wednesday?

1) vwbeetle1500

Mao have opened a restaurant in the Stillorgan Shopping Centre, so no need to put a drive in. Food is good, and you can look right out to the Vdubs in the parking lot – Darren says he’ll even bring the Porsche if it’s in his eye line........sad F**ker :cool: