Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Team Bugbitz ( well, Ben and Dave) Goes drag racing, Straightliners Eniskillen!!!!

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
i went on my own to bishops court today, no real improvements made but i didn't go too hard, ok well i did lol, kept running 3rd gear thru the line, highest terminal was trapped at 99.7mph, damn .3 mph shy of the ton lol.
best run was 13.9 traction was worse than enniskillen but all my terminal speeds were up.

cracking day for it i have more "pod face" lol, have no pics of me racing but took a few i'll whack em up later.

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
Holy jeebus..

How many rpm was that?

Is your fan welded?

Would have loved to be standing at the line to hear her scream past!

Class

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
don't know the rpm, to be honest where my rev counter is located i don't look down at it whilst I'm racing, its in the completely wrong place lol, the shift light is set at 6500 rpm but i can see that glowing way before the end of the quarter i'd say its turning upwards of 7k rpm and yes the fan is welded.

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
Thats mental stuff :)
Youll have to tie wrap a camera to the bumper for the next outing..
4000 rpm and mine sounds like a bag of bolts in a washing machine..

Someday ill get dave to build a proper engine for me!!

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
britt i heard your news, condolences my man, next we'll get you up for one, the organisers of the festival of speed have invited me and dave to run on the sunday. that should be a great day out, need to make a traction bar now.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
i took a couple of snaps ill post them up later, loved this bike from the boys at holeshot racing.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
I raced T.J Hooker in his evo last time at straightliners, i had him all the way passed the 8th in Daves beetle and was looking good for a win but got a misfire, thoroughly nice chap actually, he ran 12.1 with a passenger which is the fastest he has ever run.

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
beetle back together today after loads of modifications , ready for the next outing on the 10th june .

the car should launch harder now , fitted a roll cage and tied it into the rear suspension with tie bars to the frame horn ends , made custom transmission mounts and added a centre transmission mount.
fitted a new 8mm id fuel pipe from tank, then rewired the car front to back. down to the dyno tommorow to find my missfire problem.