Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Wanted: A set of 15" post 68 stock wheels for my bug

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Something like these wheels?

dubmonkeys.jpg

They're nice. I might just go for all navyish (whatever the colour of my car is) on the wheel and just have my white walls instead of havin too much white. Or get new shiny wheels only sprayin the inside of the inside of the wheel leavin the rim shiny metal and then white wall.

After brendan pointed out the wheels could possibly be too white I went into paint (i dont have photosho or any exciting graphic design stuff) and did a very amateur version of what my wheel could look like and see if it'd be too white.

wheels.jpg

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Why not consider white band tyres instead? You could still have the wheels white and that colour would be broken up by the black of the tyre. This pic is from a van but you get the idea http://www.vwcampervanblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/white-wall-tyres-and-me-1.jpg

Your some man for locatin images Rez. I've been using google image all day and haven't found as good links or images as yourself.
I have the white walls already so I'll use them. I think brendan is probably right, so thinkin along the lines of havin the inset of the wheels the same colour of the car, the rim of the wheel remaining the shiny metal colour and white wall tyres. It means pickin up a new shiny set of wheels. I wonder if you can find an image of that Rez? Hehehe, it seems like a challenge, hehehe!
That or possibly the shiny hubcap,the full wheel the colour of the car and white walls?

Last edited:

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
The problem with your car is that it looks so well on the fuchs;)
Detail them bodycolor instead. Pedrinis or RO80's would look nice too (14inch only tho?)
Or just plain standard steels with hubcaps - no beauty rings or whitewalls.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Why not get a wheel and try out a few designs against your car and that way you'll know which way you want to go. Much easier to make a decision after you've seen it in the flesh so to speak.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
The problem with your car is that it looks so well on the fuchs;)
Detail them bodycolor instead. Pedrinis or RO80's would look nice too (14inch only tho?)
Or just plain standard steels with hubcaps - no beauty rings or whitewalls.

^^ Aye. Detail them or get the chrome Fooks detailed. :D

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
I considered whitewall at one stage for my bay window .... here's a few photos i took at the time ....

Attachments

• September 2007 147.jpg
    September 2007 147.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 73
  • September 2007 148.jpg
    September 2007 148.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 74
  • September 2007 141.jpg
    September 2007 141.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 68
  • September 2007 116.jpg
    September 2007 116.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 69

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
I think I'm goin to go with car colour on the wheel and white wall. That way, I have fuchs when I want them, and these as an alternative 2. The fuchs are real nice, and polish up really well when I put the time into it, but just for a little change for a while I think I'll go with the stock wheels.
Thanks for the photos Rocky, it helped with my decision!

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Its official, the fuchs are real. I was doin the brakes yesterday and found the genuine stamp on the inside of the fuchs. Delighted with myself :)