Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Wanted: A set of 15" post 68 stock wheels for my bug

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Not only are they original, they're deep sixes. Worth a few quid, check the samba for the going rate ;)

Nice find, a set of deep sixes is better than bank shares these days. Actually, come to think of it, a steaming pile in a field is better than bank shares these days but you know what I'm getting at... :D

Definitely hang onto them if you don't need the cash, you could trade the front set of deep sixes for a nice pair of 4.5s and you have a very nice rolling set for your 912...

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Ya gotta love the innuendo, :) Ya, its a a tough one. Do I sell or not. My plan is to pick up original wheels and beauty rings, and spray the beauty ring the colour of the car and spray the wheel white and I have the white walls with the new vw hubcaps coz I think with the creamy white roof the wheels could look pretty good with it. What do you guys think?

I'd never say I couldn't do with a couple of grand in my pocket, but there is nothing pending (other than my credit card bill) so I dont want to make a hasty decision on the fuchs and regret it, so I think I might have to see how my other wheels look. And though my opinion on the new wheels would obviously be the final decision, I'd still appreciate hearing what other peoples thoughts are!

But hey, if I get a few interesting offers I might consider it. There is definitely a stamp inside them, but when I saw it, I wasn't too sure what type of stamp I was looking for so I'll just have to take them off, and take pics and put it up on the website and get u experts to tell me if they're real.
Outta curiosity Justin, how much are the repro's roughly?

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Fuchs+Deep+Six+4+sale+0131234545127.jpg

This is what you're looking for, a 901-361-012-06 part number, with more than likely a small picture of a fox's head stamped there too.

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
My plan is to pick up original wheels and beauty rings, and spray the beauty ring the colour of the car and spray the wheel white and I have the white walls with the new vw hubcaps coz I think with the creamy white roof the wheels could look pretty good with it. What do you guys think?
Why??!?
Detail the Fuchs instead.

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Why??!?
Detail the Fuchs instead.

Well i might still do that. I wasn't originally thinkin of selling the fuchs. But I'm just goin to make a few minor changes to the beetle this year, nothing major and the wheels were goin to be the biggest change.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Personally I wouldn't be painting the beauty rings the same colour as the car. OG hubcaps look great with chrome beauty rings

shit pic but all I got at the mo Alice
scan194-1.jpg

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I think Brendan has changed his beauty rings since that pic was taken. The ones he had on it then were from a 60's car. He now has the proper 70's ones.

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
I think Brendan has changed his beauty rings since that pic was taken. The ones he had on it then were from a 60's car. He now has the proper 70's ones.

Ya, so if I want nice shiny wheels all i need is new beauty rings, but can put them on 2nd hand wheels or can u see much of the original wheel around the beauty ring?

The alternative was to do somethin a bit like keith's wheels. There is a picture of his wheels on the dublin meet gallery.

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Re: Wanted: A set of 15" post 68 stock wheels for my bug

I love this look with the paint matching the car, lowered with some camber of course.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 64

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Keith's wheels look great. Poor Alice is going to have to make a decision; stock, banded or Fuch?????

Ah, so banded is the term, nice one coxy! Ya, a few weeks b4 I was at the Dublin meet I was telling Liam about my idea for the wheels and found it hard enough to get an image of a dark car (other than black) that had that look, and low and behold i saw Keiths wheels at the meet and other than they were pre 68's I was like, wow that is exactly what I had wanted, and just thought with the colour of my roof it'd look really cool. So really, I suppose I dont need beauty rings, I can just do that mainly 2 tone look on original wheels where the outer rim is white, and the inside is that navyish colour. At least I have the fuchs if it doesn't look too good!

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Ah, so banded is the term, nice one coxy! Ya, a few weeks b4 I was at the Dublin meet I was telling Liam about my idea for the wheels and found it hard enough to get an image of a dark car (other than black) that had that look, and low and behold i saw Keiths wheels at the meet and other than they were pre 68's I was like, wow that is exactly what I had wanted, and just thought with the colour of my roof it'd look really cool. So really, I suppose I dont need beauty rings, I can just do that mainly 2 tone look on original wheels where the outer rim is white, and the inside is that navyish colour. At least I have the fuchs if it doesn't look too good!

How are your fuchs held on at the moment? The original wheels are four stud, the fuchs are five so make sure you still have the ability to bolt on a four stud wheel. If you have re-drilled drums / disc then well and good, if you have porsche pattern drums / discs only fitted then you'll have a bit of cost getting that sorted out.