Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Jumpstart 2014 - Saturday March 8th 2014

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
My reading requirements sorted now for a while thanks to the goodie bag, lots of cool stuff in it.
Excellent day out, great credit to Coxy, Gritz, Beag, Duts, Rez & co.
I agree with Duts (for once ;)) and add that I wasn't part of the organising committee. Full credit has to go to Coxy who has spent many a sleepless night organising and worrying about this event. He really put his heart and soul into giving over 100 VW owners, their families and the locals of Loughmore a great and memorable day out.

Oh, and he nearly shat himself at half 10 that morning when Beag suggested tea before bringing the last car down. :looool:
Thanks again Coxy!

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
I agree with Duts (for once ;)) and add that I wasn't part of the organising committee. Full credit has to go to Coxy who has spent many a sleepless night organising and worrying about this event. He really put his heart and soul into giving over 100 VW owners, their families and the locals of Loughmore a great and memorable day out.

Oh, and he nearly shat himself at half 10 that morning when Beag suggested tea before bringing the last car down. :looool:
Thanks again Coxy!
Well said buddy! Thanks again for the choons

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
Not all the goodies are in yet but even so, the office is filling up fast......

Kieft & Klok sent the Hula Dash Girls as promised but they also threw in two hoodies which was a nice surprise so now we've even more prizes than we were expecting (y)

who got the split bus pictures ? i seen them in the back of the split on the day very cool
. AHH all those lovely stickers and not a single one did i get those goody bags must have been full to the brim

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
who got the split bus pictures ? i seen them in the back of the split on the day very cool
. AHH all those lovely stickers and not a single one did i get those goody bags must have been full to the brim

PM your address and I'll send you what I have here (one copy of Hayburner and a fist of C&C stickers).

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I must make sure I turn up early next time to get a goodie bag, I'd say anyone who got one was thrilled with all the free gear Coxy had blagged for them! Well done that man :)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Well that was unexpected.........106 VWs in a small village in Tipperary on a cold Saturday in March!

I had hoped that we might get around 50 cars but as we got closer to the date I knew it was going to go higher than that, exactly how high I wasn't sure. I was getting calls from people I never spoke to or met before saying they would love to come along having never been to a show before so that was great to see new people and their cars. There were also some cars that many had not seen for quite a few years so again, a pleasant surprise.

Unlike previous years, 2014 saw the event get its first ever sponsor in the form of CM Signs and for those that may not know, these are active club members and supporters Gritz (Brian) and Beag (Graham) which gave me the space to step it up.
Lemorris did a super job with the poster design while Justin did an equally super job in printing them and getting them to me on Friday so I could include them in the goodie bags - I lost track of the number of people who came up to me during the day looking to get another poster.

I was lucky to be able to fill over 50 goodie bags this year, an increase on the number last year but they were gone in minutes.

Best of Show was Milo's rockin '63 vintage speed styled Beetle while Donal's Tdi powered Early bay was second. Other winners were Teresa Dollery with her '65 Beetle, Alice Dwyer with her 1302LS Cabriolet and not to be outdone, her hubby Liam won with his T4.
Young birthday boy Emmett walked away with a little something although, I'm sure he thought it was shite so Dad might prefer it :D

The Cottage was at 100% occupancy all day so I guess they were happy as were the punters who were loving their food.
Here's the VW cupcakes they did for Jumpstart

I was going to thank Rez for doing such a sterling job with his tunes all day long which certainly contributed to the chilled out atmosphere on the day but I won't. I was also going to thank Duts for directing traffic as it came in which wasn't easy seeing as we had to try and squeeze in an extra and unplanned 50+ VWs into the already crammed village, but I won't thank him either. Will I thank Gritz and Beag for their sponsorship, printing of show stickers as well as Carbs & Chrome stickers or the directional signs they printed and set out on Saturday morning? Not on your life buddy.

Who will I thank for the success of Jumpstart? Liam and his much updated and modified list of course (y)

........................and here he is, relaxing and contemplating life in Loughmore on Saturday :p

Well done Liam, you da man!.........................not Gritz, Beag, Rez or even Duts (more Ulick McGee then Debbie McGee :p)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie

8:30am, Saturday morning.......little they know what was about to hit!

Angela came along and was delighted to see her old car on display. The guy beside her is Tom and he was a mechanic who worked on Landfill for many years.

These are two trophies Larry had since I bought the car from Angela in 1997 so he brought them along and gave them to me on Saturday. Cheers Mr. Hannon (y)

Fair play to Stump for the trophy that he gave me. The details is fab so if you're organising a show/event I'd deffo recommend Stump as the Eircooled trophy maker!

It may have been a VW event but this Indian motorbike was the nuts......

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Ok, Liam's gone to bed now so I can actually thank who I want to thank for making Jumpstart the success it was and that's everyone who brought along an old VW last Saturday. Each VW that rocked up brought us closer to the 50 car target I was aiming for but before we knew it, we had hit over 50 vintage VWs and then it kept rising until we hit 106 vintage Volkswagens which now makes this officially Ireland's largest classic VW gathering and certainly Ireland's only aircooled village!

Well done to all who made Jumpstart what it was, a roaring success. Take a bow (or a beer) one and all.

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
I must make sure I turn up early next time to get a goodie bag, I'd say anyone who got one was thrilled with all the free gear Coxy had blagged for them! Well done that man :)

turning up early was no guarantee of getting a goodie bag trev

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
One thing that needs to be highlighted is the sponsors of not just the both goodies and prizes but the event itself, whom without there would be no Jumpstart so I would ask that you consider them when making your next purchase. Our scene is very small so supporting those that support us is vital.

And of course, our main event sponsor CM Signs.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois

fair enough but then nobody was guaranteed or entitled to one. I'm sure Coxy pucked them out to all and sundry in good faith and fair play to him for doing so. It was a free show organised by one man with a lot of time, effort, hassle and favours called in. I don't feel hard done by for not getting a bag of freebies.

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Gutted doesnt describe how I feel at missing this event. Pics look fantastic and top work to all those involved in a very successful day out...hats off to you Coxy great job at organising this....PS, I still havent booked anything for Volksworld yet, but have my fingers crossed...

69bug

Bugless
Club Member

I agree with you there, I got a goodie bag but the wife didn't (and we had a vehicle each), but hey that's the luck of the draw I suppose, at the end of the day it's the "Event" that we went to, we didn't go just to get a goodie bag, and if we didn't get a goodie bag at all, it wouldn't be any different for us, we had a great day...:D

Last edited:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
My curtains are still closed.
Were you outside taking pics while we were asleep? :unsure:

Creeeeeeepy!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
My curtains are still closed.
Were you outside taking pics while we were asleep? :unsure:

Creeeeeeepy!

They weren't fully closed........sure I could see you and the goat quite clearly. Beag had to walk away. He said something about it being against god or nature :p