Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Jumpstart 2014 - Saturday March 8th 2014

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie

When? Saturday March 8th 2014
Where? Main Street,Loughmore, Co. Tipperary

Time? 11am-4pm
Food? The Cottage - they are doing a €7.00pp soup, sambo, tea, coffee & confectionary special

Following on from the success of last year's Jumpstart we have decided to change things slightly and move it a little further up the country to a small village near Templemore in County Tipperary called Loughmore. This village is not a busy throughway like most villages so totally lends itself to a static show on the streets. It's a very picturesque village and will provide a superb backdrop to the array of VWs lined along the street on the day. Basically, Loughmore is going to become Ireland's first 100% VW filled village!

Food & Beverage....
Food is available from The Cottage - they have agreed to do the following for us: soup, sambo, confectionary, tea & coffee for just €7.00pp
There is also a pub for those that fancy a tipple and are lucky enough to have a designated driver!

People's Choice & goodie Bags....
When you arrive, you will get a voting form and *free Jumpstart sticker* when registering your VW - you can then vote for the People's Choice Award.
As far as goodie bags are concerned I will be doing my best to ensure we can get goodie bags and prizes for as many people as possible again this year so fingers crossed the blagging works!!!!!!

The Cruise....
For those of you wondering where the cruise is this year, it's not happening at Jumpstart in March, instead we're moving it to later in the year at the Summer Cruise - details to be announced for the Summer Cruise later on but this will be a morning meet at Pa McGrath's Pub on the Limerick-Waterford road and then onto The Vee before heading for Lismore.

Look Pretty Mother Flippers....
Like last year, we hope to have Andrew Pollock from Irish Vintage Scene and Retro Classics on-hand with his camera for a show report in either of his magazines. He will also be looking out for future feature cars so look pretty folks :p
There will also be a full show report in Volksworld Magazine later in the year.

Where....
Loughmore is only 10mins from the Roscrea exit on the M7 and 15mins from the Thurles exit on the M9 with no speed bumps anywhere for those with lowered VWs so it couldn't be any easier to get to. You won't be disappointed with the location and hopefully this new style of street meet will be a success. Anyone wondering what Loughmore is like, here it is:

The Cottage

Really bad pic I know but this sleepy little village is a perfect spot for Ireland's first ever VW village takeover ;)

So that's it. I can do no more apart from trying to fill goodie bags and getting prizes. The rest is up to you to get your motors ready for the first event of 2014. Lets make it a good 'un (y)

*Thanks to Beag & Gritz of CM Signs (0504 24449) for very kindly offering to sponsor the Jumpstart stickers again this year.
They always step up to support events at their own expense so fair play boys
:nr1: :respect: :rate10:

Last edited:

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
is ned hurley going?
seen him in volksworld...with a marathon bug
thinks hes looking for mates...
munster mafia is local enough to him i think

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
why would Ned be driving a Passat? Everyone knows he has a Honda Civic. Or maybe he could borrow the post van if he was stuck?

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
1st prizes came in today!

Jon White of VW Spares fame just rang me to very kindly offer a €50 VW Spares voucher but not only that, Jon has kindly offered a 4 Person cutlery set with coloured camper logo 4 vans in folding wallet. This is perfect for your camper or the picnic basket you're going to pack into your Beetle when the summer arrives.

4 Person cutlery set with coloured camper logo 4 vans in folding wallet.
This new and updated cutlery set made by JustKampers has just the same favourite design on the handles as before but now comes with a bread board, salt & peppers, napkins and corkscrew/bottle opener.
All items are made from stainless steel and wrapped in a handy folding wallet. Set contains: 4x knives, 4x forks, 4x table spoons, 4x tea spoons, cheese knife plus the items above.

Thanks Jon for your continued support.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
1st prizes came in today!

Jon White of VW Spares fame just rang me to very kindlyhe'sfer a €50 VW Spares voucher but not only that, Jon has kindly offered a 4 Person cutlery set with coloured camper logo 4 vans in folding wallet. This is perfect for your camper or the picnic basket you're going to pack into your Beetle when the summer arrives.

Thanks Jon for your continued support.

Fair play to Jon alot of lads think hes a bollox but not me, I think hes a legend! Lol agh no seriously hes An asset to the club and its members thanks Jon for your contuined support.