Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Formular Vee Festival held at mondello park on 21st and 22nd july

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'll not be there but I know a man that will be.........and his wife! I'll ask the Dollery duo if they can take them back with them.
Cheers for that Pat.

SteveR

Club Member
Club Member
April 28, 2009
Knocklyon, Dublin
d4814285-be19-78a7.jpg

d481428e-be41-9bcc.jpg

d481428e-be96-8dee.jpg

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I got there yesterday for the last two races which were cool to watch. Then when the racers are off the track the gates open to allow you cross into the paddock. Great setup for a show with lots of potential.

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
Great putting faces to names 8) some really lovely vans and bugs this weekend, had a great day/night, first crack at camping with the mrs and the dog, shes looking forward to the next time 8) cheers lads for being so welcoming 8) were completely frickin knackered. After Ben realising I was on the portaloo and shaking the shit out of it ( literally) i Had to sleep with one eye open as Ben was in the tent next to our van

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I tried to take some pics during the parade laps, these are the only two keepers. :D

7623598420_f674375eb7_z.jpg

7623795530_c2ba604555_z.jpg

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Hi all,

Had to pull out early the little lad was'nt well. Bulling really was just getting around to have a chat and look at abit of racing. Had a major scare on the straight when the brakes completly disapeared. Like the master cylinder just fell out. So although I was'nt travelling fast the hand brake had to applied to pull out of the way and locked up the rear wheels!

Pulled into the pitts on my own and looked and the cer clip holding the rod to the Master cylinder poped off! Needles to say it got the blood pumping.

For what little I saw I enjoyed.

Tom

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
athy
Had a great weekend.Thanks to john d for a well organised event..looking foward to next year already..

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
fair play to jdman,nice intro to formula vee.
thanks to tom and ben and daves bro for helping pull the oval engine.
and dave for taking it back north for more surgery.
big thanks to ben for letting me co pilot on the parade laps...:cool:
even though it may have given dave the edge when letting rip on the final straight.:p
it couldve been dave mixing up the numbers on the old 3-2-1 go ! :helpme:
but i think daves new lightweight boots may have had something to do with it too.:lol:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
pete theres an 84mm crank sitting on the shelf here:p

jdman pulled together a great turnout, a good effort by everyone considering it was the first attempt at it.

The racing today was excellent and very entertaining, I thought street cars were a pain in the ass, theyre a cinch compared to a vee, unreal the amount of work and fiddling goes on to send them out.

parade laps were much fun me and pete had a good laugh, i got mega sunburn !!!!! whoopsie, great to meet a bunch of new folk, and big thanks to jdman for pulling it all together. :respect:

donegaldave

Club Member
Club Member
October 27, 2009
Newtowncunningham, Donegal
a good fun weekend.
some pics...
IMGP0681.JPGIMGP0672.JPGIMGP0684.JPGIMGP0682.JPG
dave and been goin at it down the straight...
IMGP0677.JPG
...some cool stuff...
IMGP0625.jpgIMGP0698.jpgIMGP0628.JPGIMGP0623.JPG
there was a small museum of racing...
IMGP0711.JPGIMGP0701.JPGIMGP0722.JPGIMGP0719.JPGIMGP0720.JPG
don't have any decent pics of the racing...maybe someone else got some

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Looks brilliant lads.I had a feast of cars on the road today.was going up the m8 towards Laois and think i saw a blue streak ripping the road going the other way.Then coming back i saw a good few beetles and a grey splitty goin the opposite way.Eircooled was everywhere :D