Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Formular Vee Festival held at mondello park on 21st and 22nd july

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
Hi Guys
I mentioned at the AGM there was going to be a new show/festival called Formular Vee Festival held at mondello park on 21st and 22nd july. There will be a Vee festival website in the next couple of weeks http://www.irishveefestival.com/

They are making this weekend an aircooled weekend for racing,there will be two days of racing and many other events to be finalised, therewill be a barbecue on the Saturday night with an auction for Barretstown, alsoall money raised over the weekend will go to Barretstown.

The plan is to allow all aircooled vehicles in free, but theywould like to get the club to agree to a display for the weekend showing thegeneral public the Irish aircooled scene. So I think they would like to get an idea nearer to the event on how many would like to attend.

The vw club are welcome to stay at mondello on the Saturdaynight as a lot of racers will be staying at the track that weekend.

Theh event has sponsership from Dunlop tyres, they hope to have the KFM radio there for the day, live bands and much more to be anounced. Keep checking the website in the coming weeks. This would be a great show to support and get behind and alot of fun. I will add more info as I receive it.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
will deffo be up for this, there will be a few caddy prepped crankcases flying around ;-)

jdman

Club Member
Club Member
August 21, 2011
naas
irish formula vee festival

irish formula vee festival

To all I would like to fill in some more details about the vee festival, for my sins I am organising the weekend. Formula vee is the largest and most affordable race class in Ireland.
Here are a few pics of a recent build of a vee.
gl09car001.jpg

gl09car021.jpg

gl09car027.jpg

gl09car010.jpg

As you can see a lot of beetle parts are used on the vee including the 1600cc motor.
gl09car032.jpg
The aim of the weekend is to promote Vee's and motor racing and raise money for Barretstown and to have a fun motoring weekend.
So far we have Dunlop as the main sponsor we also potentially a major oil company onboard, and the Road safty authority. The plan is to heavily promote the weekend and if we can get the funding the hope is to have KFM broadcasting from mondello for the weekend.
On the back of this we planned to expand the Vee theme for the weekend and invite all aircooled vw's to join the weekend fun. So for starters all aircooled vehicles will get through the gates that weekend for free, secondly we would like to invite the club to put on a car and bus display to promote the greatness that is aircooled vw's to general public.
There will be a barbecue on the saturday night and a party with one or two drinks and auction in the bar again all money going to Barretstown. Anyone who wishes to stay over in the paddock are very welcome as many of the drivers usally stay at the track for the weekend so the walk from the bar is not too far.
Here are a couple of vid of vee racing some interesting crashes and close racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6I29UlOZSo&list=UU3TRC4hrTFZ-kp2EmITBtVg&index=67&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xihd4XwZsbs&list=UU3TRC4hrTFZ-kp2EmITBtVg&index=16&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS5RaclwKgA&list=UU3TRC4hrTFZ-kp2EmITBtVg&index=36&feature=plcp

As you can see we go through a few front beams and half shafts.

There will be a few other events on the weekend including passenger hot laps in some quite spectacular cars again all for Barretstown, but I will keep all updated as things develop.

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
formula vee

formula vee

this is the formula vee that i bought (thanks kombi noise for collecting it for me ).i know absolutly nothing about it except that it was cheap :D .it was stripped down when i bought it .the only bits that didnt come with it were the front axle . gearbox or engine case .it did come with alot of nice engine parts. i hope to get dave to build up an engine for it at some stage . would love to get it to mondelo but as always i dont think i will get around to it in time .

Attachments

• Vee%20complete.jpg
    Vee%20complete.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Formula%20Vee%20back%20view.jpg
    Formula%20Vee%20back%20view.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00202-20101101-1321.jpg
    IMG00202-20101101-1321.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00200-20101101-1311.jpg
    IMG00200-20101101-1311.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Hmmm, interesting looking Vee that, do you know the make of the chassis? Did it come out if the Uk? The Uk series uses different regs, Irish cars are 1600s an close to stock in comparison to Uk cars which are 1300s but the regs allow more engine an chassis development AFAIK! Centre lines wouldn't be an Irish thing!

Just had a closer look an saw the Uk reg mini in the background do I guess it was a Uk spec car!

Last edited: