Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Formular Vee Festival held at mondello park on 21st and 22nd july

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
great thread, i forgot about this, checking the dates don't clash with anything and would like to come down.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Typical Mondello stuff then, ask us along to provide a free side show for their paying punters an the leave us to sort ourselves out???

Is this going to be the same as classic car live? Great idea but not given the attention it deserves by the organisers so dosest live up to its potential?

I know a lot of people who are planning on going to this. It's the same weekend as Martin Murrays and BugJam, so I hope they're not dissapointed.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I was just checking dates on this too, we haven't heard much from Monard this year...

jdman

Club Member
Club Member
August 21, 2011
naas
To all just an update the event is still taking place and it is not being organised by Mondello it is being organised by the Irish formula Vee association the website is www.irishveefestival.com the event is sponsored by Dunlop Tyres and Total oils it is a two day event at mondello park. Formula vee,s are 1.6 aircooled engines in a light weight chassis so some affinty to us. The aim of the weekend is a fun motoring weekend raising money for Barretstown childrens charity, the normal cost of entry for the weekend is €10 per vehicle but if your aircooled it will be free. There will be dedicated parking for the eircooled group also a parade lap for all vw's if you wish to do a lap of two of mondello, there will be a prize for the best car and the bus on the sunday.
This event is on to promote all that is good about the vw scene whether its racing or just driving your bug or bus it will cost you nothing to get in and the chance to show the general public how much fun it is to own classic vee dubs.
There will be a barbeque and charity auction on the saturday night in the bar at mondello anyone wishing to stay at the track are welcome there is power and camping available, it is a fun weekend and achance to show off our vehicles to a wider audience and it will cost you nothing to get in all i ask is when people are selling programs and shaking the bucket for barretstown give a little.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
You'll be parked up in a few on your way up and down :D

Fitting new K&N filters this weekend, apparently the increased fuel economy may mean I never have to visit a petrol station again. ...well maybe once a year... Fingers crossed.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
So what classes are racing at the festival or is it just vee's?

Are the UK cars coming over? If so will they have their own races?

Any chance of running a demo sprint on the main straight for Caddy an Ben to run their drag beetles?

jdman

Club Member
Club Member
August 21, 2011
naas
The shane rovers ITCC and historics are racing as well with formula fords possibly coming, there are some english vee's are coming but not too many it costs a lot to bring a trailer on the boat. As for drag racing we have enough issues with letting folks drive around at a sedate pace without racing them.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
So what classes are racing at the festival or is it just vee's?

Any chance of running a demo sprint on the main straight for Caddy an Ben to run their drag beetles?

I should have the giggling gas fitted by then. although the crank may be left on the dyno floor, or the gearbox!!!!

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Ben looks like you might have to stop at the start of the Main straight an wait for a gap in the parade before hitting the switch!

Not too much different to a regular race day then, any other attractions?

Is the 'Sheane's' race a championship round?

March 27, 2009
ireland
Is the 'Sheane's' race a championship round?

It sure is, a double header for us. Keep an eye out for the highlighter yellow car, which will hopefully be somewhere near the front! :eek:

if you want to see how tough a formula vee is also see what we do to front beams and axel tubes this was the first race of the year two weeks ago a big crash but all walked away the next vee race is this weekend in mondelo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyWbEN2tgKU&list=UU3TRC4hrTFZ-kp2EmITBtVg&feature=player_detailpage

That was a big crash. I was standing up on the bank when it happened, all I saw was a car fully up in the air but I wasnt hangin around to see where it was goin! bloody scary stuff!

D

DJC-KG

I'd like to come but probably will only be able to make the Saturday. Cheers