Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Re: Dublin Members

Fuck sake, I have to go find out where to edit my sig!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
jaysus keith, such an eventful night!!

hopefully it hasnt put you off travelling up for the meets.... i said it elsewhere.. beginning to think the dub meets are jinxed!!!!

good to hear all is well.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Does anyone know if Knk made it home okay with his dodgy brakes? I think Michael was on the phone to him at some stage of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limped to the garage up the road and bought some brake-fluid. Spent about 20mins bleeding the front drums until I got a little bite in the brakes, packed up and headed for the M50, brakes lasted about 5 mins and went again but wasn't in any humour to stop (if I could!!! :) ) so jumped on the M50 and kept going. Coming off the M50 was fun trying to use the gears and handbrake to slow down...made it home without a scratch. Tomorrow i'll strip the brake system down and find the problem.

The funny thing is that since the first day the car was back on the road, the brakes were the one thing that I thought were actually damn good compared to other beetles I've had. There were no signs of any fluid leaks, yet the reservoir was empty...where did it go! :)

Last edited:

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin

Glad you made it home alive!

Dublin meet is now officially jinxed

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
May 6th.

May 6th.

I know its a bit off, but should we think of the route, and more importanly the food.

Last month's was brillant, the spin down to Dalkey was class. I think we should do something
similar next month maybe the same spot. But where do we go for food, and suggestions?

Meet in Stillorgan, convoy, food?

I heard the orchard is good?

Lets remember to think of the bus's too, Liam nearly lost his roof ha.

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Had a great night last night, but little did i know the fun was only just beginning, had left mcdonalds waved goodbye to liam and ann at the traffic lights, pulled in for petrol a mile down the road, jumped back in and pop, clutch cable decided to give up the ghost, managed to find a gear and limped back to the hotel, called up the A team, justin, coxy & brian, both justin & coxy provided brian's number, who in turn jumped out of his skin to help me, also thanks to cormac from southern volks who like brian really went out of his way to help me.Thankfully my breakdown cover allowed me to have the bug transported back home to cork, so we got a spin back home and dropped the car back to my workshop and now the search is on for a new cable. Oh yeah had already checked into the hotel at 7 and when we got back they had put somebody else in our room, a perfect end to a perfect night

Clutch now sorted, jesus hope i don't have to go through that again too soon. The hook on the end of the clutch pedal is badly worn though so will have to pick one up as a back up, thanks to brian for all the info,

:skull:

SteveR

Club Member
Club Member
April 28, 2009
Knocklyon, Dublin
The Goat is a good idea, loads of parking and handy for people to get onto the M50. Are we planning a drive before food or is it Stillorgan and then straight onto The Goat?

Edit: Glad all is sorted now Keith.

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
I'll be working a nite shift that nite, but not til near enough to 8pm and its only down the rd from the goat, so i'll join ya for a while!

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
I'm afraid I won't be able to get to the next few meets, not if they are on Wednesday nights anyway because I am doing a computer course every wednesday night until mid July.:(:(

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin

airhead said:
I've booked a table for 20 in the goat for 8pm. They do food until 9.45 anyway, but at least this way, we'll be guaranteed an area to ourselves.

Good move

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin

Greatballsoffire57 said:
I'm afraid I won't be able to get to the next few meets, not if they are on Wednesday nights anyway because I am doing a computer course every wednesday night until mid July.:(:(

That's a pity... Damn computer says no.

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
Computer_says_no_.jpg