Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! giz a shot a yer little funny car!!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

chav.jpg

(y)(y)(y)

WOAH! Spitting image of a tennant of mine from a few years back. Scary...

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Had a great night last night, but little did i know the fun was only just beginning, had left mcdonalds waved goodbye to liam and ann at the traffic lights, pulled in for petrol a mile down the road, jumped back in and pop, clutch cable decided to give up the ghost, managed to find a gear and limped back to the hotel, called up the A team, justin, coxy & brian, both justin & coxy provided brian's number, who in turn jumped out of his skin to help me, also thanks to cormac from southern volks who like brian really went out of his way to help me.Thankfully my breakdown cover allowed me to have the bug transported back home to cork, so we got a spin back home and dropped the car back to my workshop and now the search is on for a new cable. Oh yeah had already checked into the hotel at 7 and when we got back they had put somebody else in our room, a perfect end to a perfect night

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Had a great night last night, but little did i know the fun was only just beginning, had left mcdonalds waved goodbye to liam and ann at the traffic lights, pulled in for petrol a mile down the road, jumped back in and pop, clutch cable decided to give up the ghost, managed to find a gear and limped back to the hotel, called up the A team, justin, coxy & brian, both justin & coxy provided brian's number, who in turn jumped out of his skin to help me, also thanks to cormac from southern volks who like brian really went out of his way to help me.Thankfully my breakdown cover allowed me to have the bug transported back home to cork, so we got a spin back home and dropped the car back to my workshop and now the search is on for a new cable. Oh yeah had already checked into the hotel at 7 and when we got back they had put somebody else in our room, a perfect end to a perfect night

Great to hear it worked out OK
SO did ya get free beer for the night in the hotel bar for them being pricks??

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
Jesus man tough finish to a good night , glad ya got sorted in the end, had a similar thing happen to me and the wife one time, hotel booked our room out twice but we were already in it ,kinda busy too when the door flew open, needless to say it didn't take long for our new visitor to feck off, LOL, hotel gave us a few free drinks after we complained

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
It was the berkley court, went up to the room couldn't get in went down reactivated the key went back up and the room had a suitcase laptop carkeys mobile phone, so put everything in the suitcase and headed out the door and took his car checked into another hotel.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I know the sales manager there if you want me to follow up for you. Did you get any joy from them? If you need a hotel room again just give me a shout because that's what we do www.mustbook.ie
You need a login & password to get to the online listing but I can give you one. The rates are better and I can let them know that a very influential client is staying and get you upgraded :D

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Ah only joking the feckers couldn't find any reservation for me about an hr at reception got another room my son got a free carton of orange juice so he was happy, no way would they give me anything other than the car park for free, so 11 euro saved. Never again, so in the morning a nice strong e-mail is being sent, anyway at home having a nice cool beer,
The guy who was in my room was actually standing beside me when i was eating the head of the manager as he couldn't get into his room. Ah well i'm sure there is a lesson to be learned here but i'm fuxked if i know what it is,
Could that be the new motto by any chance.:lol:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
You need a login & password to get to the online listing but I can give you one. The rates are better and I can let them know that a very influential client is staying and get you upgraded :D

The next time I see you, I'll hand you a crate of beer ha

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Jesus man tough finish to a good night , glad ya got sorted in the end, had a similar thing happen to me and the wife one time, hotel booked our room out twice but we were already in it ,kinda busy too when the door flew open, needless to say it didn't take long for our new visitor to feck off, LOL, hotel gave us a few free drinks after we complained

Hope it didn't break your stride :lol:

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Re: Dublin Members

Sounds like an eventful night Keith, your poor sons eyes must have been popping out of his head. Anyway glad you made it home and nice one for making it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin

Does anyone know if Knk made it home okay with his dodgy brakes? I think Michael was on the phone to him at some stage of the night.

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin

Can't forget podsyb and PJ, well done lads for making the trip.