Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
alice, you really are feeding the masses.. I feel bad going up for a free feed, but i cant say no to a free burger.. Haha. Can i bring anything? Snacks or drinks?

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
alice, you really are feeding the masses.. I feel bad going up for a free feed, but i cant say no to a free burger.. Haha. Can i bring anything? Snacks or drinks?

You know, I spotted I don't have many minerals after all so just a bottle of fizzy stuff would be cool.

Breakfast sounds good too ha.
Maybe you should talk to Liam or Coxy about that. I don't know if either of my boyfriends would appreciate that :lol2::lol2::lol2:

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Re: Dublin Members

Re: Dublin Members

Live posting from the meet!

6 vans
9 bugs
1 Porsche

Great turnout...

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
fair play to kongomush for the live report!!

i had to leave early ( babysitter till 9 only) so missed the cruise/grub.

thanks to everybody for making us feel welcome, no awkward pauses, nice to put faces and names to web names. the hoodies and tees are class, fair play to all concerned. ( brian, i'll get that tenner off you again....)

so here are a few pics of the meet ( especially for the munster mafia :lol::lol::looool:)

Photo0750.jpg

Photo0752.jpg

Photo0753.jpg

Photo0751.jpg

see y'all next month

liam

Last edited:

SteveR

Club Member
Club Member
April 28, 2009
Knocklyon, Dublin
Great turnout and a good laugh as usual. Cheers for the hoody and t shirt Michael, look realy nice. Great to see some new faces and cars/buses there. And thanks again for the jet Ross.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Well...finally home even though we left while people were still in Eddies eating. We were starving when we arrived and couldn't wait till everyone ate!!! Next time we'll know the routine. :cool:

Now the fun bit! The car drove pritty well on the way to Stillorgan with the only real problem being the speedo gave up and the indicators went a bit SLOOOOW! I was very nervous taking the car out in the evening for its first real run and when we pulled into the carpark at Eddies we were delighted we made it that far without any real problems. The quality of buses and bugs was great and while everyone was eating I was inspecting each one closely. We finally headed off home and about 20mins out the road the car in front suddenly fired up the blue lights and pulled us over. A quick walk to the back of the car and then returned to question me over why the car was still on "Californian" plates etc. etc. We somehow got our wires crossed and argued for a few minutes before I realised he was talking about the number and I was talking about the blue/yellow colouring. After it dawned on me, I blurted out, ITS AN IRISH number! Then he kinda relaxed and became more friendly and finally said she looks nice, goodnight. PHEW...back in the car and as he pulled away I turned the key and...NOTHING...dead as dodo! Well...after a few f's and b's a kind jogger stopped to help us push start the car. She started no problem and we were back on route home...HAPPY DAYS...or so we thought! About 10mins later the car started spitting and farting and then lost all power. We coasted to the side of the road which was kinda on a hill. Grand..we'll push start it again. But no luck this time...the 6v battery had completely had enough! After two attempts we gave up and pushed the car outside a house, locked it up and hailed a taxi! :D

This is my first experience with a 6v car, so don't know if this is the norm for night-time driving or if something is wrong with the dynamo. I'll investigate that tomorrow after I go rescue the car in the morning. I'm sure i'll have the car sorted quickly...convincing the missus to drive it on her own is probably going to be a BIGGER task! :ROFLMAO: Maybe I should of left her at home this time!

Anyway, was great to put a few names to faces and hopefully the next meet I can add a few more.

Now i'm off to the garage to dig out that 6v charger! (y)

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Great meeting, Thanks to everyone who turned especially Keith all the way from Cork ( hope it was worth it for you) and there was bit of a battle for second longest travelled, Rocky was up against five who came from different parts of Co. Meath, not forgetting Coxy ( who came from Lucan:D ) The Hoodies and teeshirts turned out great and we sold a couple more. The rest will go out in the post in the next few days so you shold all have them by the end of next week. Good job Michael(y)
And we've two new members Declan Mac Daid (Driving Johnny Snaggs old Beetle full restored now and painted red) and Ben Byrne of Ben Byrne VW's
Weclome to the club.

Next meeting wed 7th April just after Easter.

And sorry we didn't get to fix the clutch cable Alice but if was a little bit cold to be trying to get a cable in a little hole with 18 people watching :D

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
would you convert to 12V?

stuff like this is character-building for the fairer sex. I've lost count of the amount of times Caroline had to push the bug over the years! Sure what else are other halves for?

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
would you convert to 12V?

stuff like this is character-building for the fairer sex. I've lost count of the amount of times Caroline had to push the bug over the years! Sure what else are other halves for?

Originally I wanted to keep it all standard 6v but after having the hassle trying to get the right starter bush it was notice that the gearbox is a 12v one so at some stage in its life someone had it on 12v. Seeing as most of the dirty work is done I might convert it to 12v by changing the starter, dynamo and bulbs to 12v and be done with it. Candles for headlights is just not safe! :)

When myself and Irina were walking around looking at everything, she did take a liking to some of the buses but when I asked her out all of the cars here which would she prefer...she pointed to the Merc sitting in the corner! :rolleyes:

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
And sorry we didn't get to fix the clutch cable Alice but if was a little bit cold to be trying to get a cable in a little hole with 18 people watching :D

Hahaha, there's pressure for ya. Na, don't worry, I'm delighted you said you'd do it in the 1st place so anytime that I'm not workin that suits u is fine with me. I've the cable anyway.

Great to see all you guys again. Now I've to start again rememberin all the new names :doh:

There were some bugs and buses that even those who aren't car enthusiasts would have to take a 2nd look at. Sweet. Love tsars bug, wow. Saw it in Mondello 2 years ago and I had been keepin an eye out for it at the shows since!
Welcome to all the new members. I didn't get to introduce myself to every1 but will next time. And a big big thank you to Michael for all his work. Was very impressed!
I hope the crowd keeps improvin size wise coz the club is getting not just bigger, but stronger coz were really gettin to know each other.
Good stuff, lookin forward to next months meet. As far as I know I'm off that Wednesday so look forward to it. April might have better weather so we might get a little run in there too :)

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
KNK, sounds like your dynamo is not charging at all. The same thing happened to me when my alternator wasn't working.

Sounds like it Ross, although I have a feeling because the battery is sitting up for a few months unused that it wasn't fully charged to its 6v capacity when we left this evening. And with the headllights on all night the poor dynamo couldn't charge the 6v battery quicker than the engine/lights etc were pulling from it! Fingers crossed thats all it is. :D