Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
The first Wednesday of June, will be the fourth year that the Dublin meeting has been going.

Let's try get as many Vdubs out, and a big Well done to Brian Raftery for sticking behind this every month! :D

Good idea Mikey.. lets try make it a big one... Any ideas for food/spin?

I should definitely be back on the road well before then :)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Well spotted, Mikey! Yeah would be great to do something bigger for it. Maybe we could go somewhere new for dinner. I had suggested Roundwood before. Nice drive (albeit a bit longer than usual) but there's good food in the pub up there (I think it's called the coachmans).

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Well Brian said he favourite spot was Johnny Foxes but I don't mind.

A run is a must.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Hopefully the weather will continue to be good.

1) Brian Raftery.
2) vwbeetle1500.
3) KNK.
4) 988Mick.
5) Dirty1.

Any more around on Wednesday?

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
We meet outside Eddie Rockets, Stillorgan Shopping Centre about 7.00pm and then usually around 8.00pm do a run to the Goat Pub down the road for food or now that the weather looks nice we might do a run up to Johnny Foxes Pub for grub.

Brian, Johnny Foxes suit you? :p

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Count me in guys. Working til 8 so will get down to u by about 8.15 so hopefully u guys will be talking shite for ages and I'll make it before u move on :)

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Count me in guys. Working til 8 so will get down to u by about 8.15 so hopefully u guys will be talking shite for ages and I'll make it before u move on :)

I probably won't be there till about the same time Alice as I'm picking Irina up from work first and then heading over! Tsar is probably going to be late as usual too, but other than that I'm sure the usual shite talking will be in full swing! :D

Ps: tell your hubby-to-be that I have some bullet indicators for him, courtesy of Pete...courtesy of John Knightly! ;)

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
Just an idea, good weather and so on... Would it be best staying in the one area, ie outside chatting around the vdubs giving the warm night, grabbing a burger in the hand. Or taking a spin somewhere like Dalkey to an area to order burgers or pizza and hang around carpark, or view point... Just an idea! Don't mind Foxes or Goat... Looking forward either way.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
48th Street - four years of the Dublin Meet.

48th Street - four years of the Dublin Meet.

Fair play to Brian Raftery for sticking behind the Dublin Meeting since day one in The Spa Well when no one arrived to growing numbers each month and turning it into a great meet, looking back through the pictures great to see how this has grown and the amount of lovely cars in the scene.

IMG_5894[1].jpg
The man himself.

IMG_2811[1].jpg
2nd Meeting in Brown's Barn, Citywest.

IMG_8577[1].jpg
'67 & '65.

SAM_0855[1].jpg
Britt even gave us a 23 window for one night.

stillorganjuly1[1].jpg
On route to Fox's.

Photo0835[1].jpg
The run to Dalkey.

stillorganjuly5[1].jpg
Darren's '66 & Ross's restored bug.

IMG_0085[1].jpg
Before the work.

IMG_1548[1].jpg

IMG_6698[1].jpg

Mikey

Club Member