Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Agm 2016

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
AGM only:

AGM & Lunch:
1. Britt
2. Joe
3. Ed
4. caddy
5. Rascal1

AGM, Lunch & Accommodation:
1. Brian Raftery
2. Mick Lennon
3. Deckie
4. Trevor
5. Coxy

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
1. Brian Raftery - CONFIRMED
2. Mick Lennon - CONFIRMED
3. Deckie
4. Trevor
5. Coxy - CONFIRMED

If you are staying over and want to avail of the reduced rates please email Cathal@mustbook.ie with the following:

• Your full name & forum name
  • Room type wanted - Single, Twin or Double
  • credit card details - to hold the room only - you can cancel closer to the date if required with no charge
  • Once I receive the above information I can confirm your room with the hotel
  • Please note, the hotel is very busy that weekend with bedroom and event bookings so availability of bedrooms may be an issue closer to the date. I am under pressure from the hotel to release any unconfirmed rooms.

*Please note, there are only a limited number of bedrooms held at these reduced rates and as all good ads say; "once they're gone, they're gone" *

sam

Club Member
Club Member
December 4, 2006
Kildare
AGM only:

AGM & Lunch:
1. Britt
2. Joe
3. Ed
4. caddy
5. Rascal1

1. Brian Raftery
2. Mick Lennon
3. Deckie
4. Trevor
5. Coxy
6. Sam & Lorcan (have hotel booked directly as we had a free stay :)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
3. Deckie
4. Trevor - CONFIRMED
5. Coxy - CONFIRMED
6. Sam & Lorcan - CONFIRMED

If you are staying over and want to avail of the reduced rates please email Cathal@mustbook.ie with the following:

• credit card details - to hold the room only - you can cancel closer to the date if required with no charge
  • Please note, the hotel is very busy that weekend with bedroom and event bookings so availability of bedrooms may be an issue closer to the date which means they may charge a higher rate. I am under pressure from the hotel to release any unconfirmed rooms.

*Please note, there are only a limited number of bedrooms held at these reduced rates and as all good ads say; "once they're gone, they're gone" *

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
3. Deckie
4. Trevor - CONFIRMED
5. Coxy - CONFIRMED
7. Mikey

• Please note, the hotel is very busy that weekend with bedroom and event bookings so availability of bedrooms may be an issue closer to the date which means they may charge a higher rate. I am under pressure from the hotel to release any unconfirmed rooms.

VDubbin

Club Member
Club Member
November 17, 2011
Limerick
I should be around for the AGM too, a few of us are meeting up in the Hodson for a C&C, if the lake's subsided sufficiently.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
3. Deckie
4. Trevor - CONFIRMED
5. Coxy - CONFIRMED
7. Mikey - CONFIRMED
8. TBC
9. TBC
10. TBC
11. TBC

• The hotel is very busy that weekend with bedroom and event bookings so availability of bedrooms may be an issue closer to the date which means they may charge a higher rate. I am under pressure from the hotel to release any unconfirmed rooms.
ONLY 4 ROOMS LEFT!

Last edited:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
2. Mick Lennon (Shifty) - CONFIRMED
3. Deckie
4. Trevor - CONFIRMED
5. Coxy - CONFIRMED
7. Mikey - CONFIRMED
8. Ed Toolan (Wackerwacker) - CONFIRMED
9. TBC
10. TBC
11. TBC

• The hotel is very busy that weekend with bedroom and event bookings so availability of bedrooms may be an issue closer to the date which means they may charge a higher rate. I am under pressure from the hotel to release any unconfirmed rooms.
ONLY 3 ROOMS LEFT!

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
i hope i can make it down for the AGM at least. i cant be full sure because i' not sure where i'll be New years Eve!but might try and borrow the brothers camper and head down for it all if i can.sure it will be fun.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
3. Deckie - CONFIRMED
4. Trevor - CONFIRMED
5. Coxy - CONFIRMED
7. Mikey - CONFIRMED
9. TBC
10. TBC
11. TBC

ONLY 3 ROOMS LEFT!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
What's the agenda lads? I can't make it again this year.

Can merchandise be brought up? Going on the "build it and the will come" idea can we just buy a load of S- XL hoodies up front?
We would need someone willing to look after it? (PayPal etc)
I will (probably) be playing music at jumpstart, Limerick and Vw spares, barn, bugs and wags again next year. I would have no problem hanging a few up beside the speakers and taking payment, however I have no space at home to store a couple of boxes.

Would the club commit to attending 3 shows this year AS A CLUB? (North, Midlands, South) If 3 in particular are picked we could aim to get as many members to go to these, meet beforehand, roll into the showground together and throw up the gazebo's and banners alongside the cars. Then how about pitching a club feature to hayburner/volksworld/ Ultra VW etc? The club has lost its community feel I think and we need to regroup. Going back over the previous agm minutes there is a lot of talk but no actions.

Would club members who are in the middle of projects be interested in garage days? Just throw up a date that you'll be at home working and see if others could pop over to help. This was done very successfully with Coxy's POS where a load of us practically built the car in a day.
Any other ideas folks?

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
The club has lost its community feel I think and we need to regroup. Going back over the previous agm minutes there is a lot of talk but no actions.

Here,Here!

I've been thinking about coming at the weekend but don't think I can make it. I feel I've a few things to say but probably don't deserve a freebie as I've been off line for a long time.

IMO the club has lost something an needs a kick up the arse, but at the same time the Aircooled VW scene has lost something. Is it the lack of cars, move to H2O vans, the use of Facebook instead of forums?? It's all kicking off with the drag day guys in the North, they seem to have a growing community.

This year, Eilish was pregnant so I was busy with other stuff an it was easy to walk away. For me things have gone dull, I don't mind saying it an getting abuse but obviously I'm not the only one feeling this because old faces have disappeared too.
I used to love the monthly Dublin meet but Brian moved west, Ross to Nass, Alice moved, others like KNK had other stuff on an it ended up with just a few from Wicklow an Kildare meeting in the middle. I pulled the pin an stopped an eventually started our own meet for 5/6 of us in Wicklow. After a year this led to us having our first run yesterday, which was all very last minute, organised in a week.

Personally I think Eircooled should be running its own show an let the other events stand alone (as they are well capable of) and support them by promoting attendance.

Facebook, love it or loath it, it's taken over from Forums. The club needs to use its page, in fact start a public group to promote the forum an events.

Last edited:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
I agree with you up till your last point. I'm not on Facebook and have no intention of going there. Lots of people are the same. I would actually get rid of the eircooled page imo. I know quite a few people who are actually closing their Facebook accounts at the moment due to it being full of shite.
The club need to offer more and we are the club. It deserves a good discussion at the agm. American clubs seem to do loads. It might be worth looking at what they do.

EvilMonkley

Club Member
Club Member
June 19, 2010
Geneva
There was talk before off being able to post from your phone facebook style to the forum. Could improve the likes of the spotted thread and we'd get to see more of peoples projects.

Is an eircooled app a viable option?

I didn't even know eircooled had a facebook page

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
3. Deckie - CONFIRMED
4. Trevor & Duts - CONFIRMED - The Honeymoon Suite
5. Coxy - CONFIRMED
7. Mikey - CONFIRMED
9. Jon White
10. TBC
11. TBC

ONLY 2 ROOMS LEFT!

I am releasing the last 2 bedrooms tomorrow so if you want to stay at the reduced rates please let me know ASAP.
The rates we have are €79B&B single or €49 PPS B&B Twin/Double - the hotel are selling the same rooms online at €105 and €130

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Ye're welcome lads thanks for the thanks loike! Was just adding my name to the list but seen coxy has us in the honeymoon suite so it was redundant