Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

a new forum sub section

a new forum sub section

• yes

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Absolutely.Wouldn't even run a poll just add it.There is definitely enough interest.

Last edited:

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I tried hard to press the 'No' button because I have enough addictions already...but the cursor seemed magnetically drawn to the 'YES' tab!!! (y)

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
What have we done!!!!!!!

Guys i am extremely conscious of the way the event went, it is so important to me personally that the "Little guy" feels included on every level, if you were to do this it needs to be done with these folk in mind too, what happened on sunday i felt included all these guys to a tee, i never want to see that change, i sincerely hope that we havnt opened the gates to the next level of cock wavers, so please be mindful of this when you go for it, i have no issue with it, and will be happy to help, but i am aware of how these things go and i dont want these folk feeling left out and all of a sudden we have an elite group of wannabe bench racers in our midst.

Just my quids worth.

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
Why not - reckon Britt is gonna need a sub-forum all to hisself for his new buggy project anyhoo!

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
love the name the strip , I think it should be on the first level with lounge bar etc as it will no only contain tech but dates, directions, photo's, vids , timing data , links .
bit like the jg54 sub forum on VZi

Last edited:

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
What have we done!!!!!!!

Guys i am extremely conscious of the way the event went, it is so important to me personally that the "Little guy" feels included on every level, if you were to do this it needs to be done with these folk in mind too, what happened on sunday i felt included all these guys to a tee, i never want to see that change, i sincerely hope that we havnt opened the gates to the next level of cock wavers, so please be mindful of this when you go for it, i have no issue with it, and will be happy to help, but i am aware of how these things go and i dont want these folk feeling left out and all of a sudden we have an elite group of wannabe bench racers in our midst.

Just my quids worth.

yes we lit the blue touch paper lol
but we still want people to enjoy racing with stock motors
not everyone can afford or want to modify so we mustn't loose touch or forget about them

1600 challenge ?

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Its a brilliant idea - there's so much to learn and a 1600 challenge would be particularly interesting

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
yes we lit the blue touch paper lol
but we still want people to enjoy racing with stock motors
not everyone can afford or want to modify so we mustn't loose touch or forget about them

1600 challenge ?

This is a great idea, and the fact that this new found love and enthusiasm for racing was born out of such an inclusive event I would hope that it would remain just that.. inclusive.
Fast or slow, first or last, there was no person on Sunday enjoyed the event more than the next I thought, and that for me made the day all the more special.. This has always been an inclusive club with a vast array of both stock and modified vw's, and I don't see why this would ever change in one particular area of the forum/club.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
I would love this section but I wouldn't like to see it dedicated to purely drag racing but to Motorsport in general.
Theres several form of budget Motorsport that Buffy's an Bugs lend them selves to an there's also the Formula Vee series running 1600 motor an bug suspension.

Whatucolm does trackdays, I plan on getting my Dad out in the racecar to do some historic/retrospective rallies with a 1600 motor. Also hill climbs/sprints/trackdays.

Trials cars/ Mudpluggers are more often than not 1600 Vw based an a popular budget off road sport in Ireland.

You could build a rail an Offroad it then swap tyres an drag it!

There was also an ex beetle cup car there on Sunday which I think has raced at Mondello before.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
yeah, plan on making one or two track days if I can next year, car has to go around corners also then..!

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
What have we done!!!!!!!

Just my quids worth.

Spot on.Don't forget that the biggest group there on sunday was the 1600 class.It might be more fun to see what a 1600 is capable of.I know that Lorcan in the blue cab wasn't hanging around at launch.People may be quite surprised what a 1600(1641?) can achieve.
As for cock waving I rather enjoy waving mine about.I find it most refreshing..:)

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I totally agree with the Stock 1600 class. We have adapted something like it for Bonneville this year. It's to help keep the costs down and let more people run. I'm just over the top with everything that I do can't help it I guess. Maybe that's why my back yard like like scrap heap challenge. I'm lucky in that I have access to VW parts everywhere. I will make this promise. Anybody who buys specific DRAG parts I'll ship then over for FREE in one of my Buses.
The stock 1600 class needs to be an "Honor" class, in that nobody is going to check if you are cheating. I'd say stock carb must be in place and fan belt must be on. We'll let you put on any exhaust ( everybody likes to hear a stinger) but that's it. Just my .02c