Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] JX 1.6 TD Engine/head wanted

M

megavolt

Hi all,

Anyone have a spare 1.6TD JX series engine? I just left mine from my 1986 T25 in to the garage after the head gasket went on it to discover that some owner in the past must never had put coolant in it - water had rotted most of the cooling system over time.

The head is gone but the rest is ok. If you have a clean head or complete engine I would be interested.

Thanks!

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
It'd be worth investigating what else will fit (1.9?) and how it'll work with your current gearing - might increase your chances of picking up something... Anyone have any suggestions?

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
jx head

jx head

It'd be worth investigating what else will fit (1.9?) and how it'll work with your current gearing - might increase your chances of picking up something... Anyone have any suggestions?

ive a known good 1 here,300 euro
or i keep it as a spare.

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
I have a JX engine that Im using for bits (sump/oil pump/turbo etc etc) - came from a running van; bare engine block and head would be available.