Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

30/31 October Barn Bugs and Wags, South Kildare

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Directions are perfect. If you have Sat Nav enter woodlands east castledermot and this will put you on the right road. I will put a few signs ups and leave my Red T25 by the entrance with a sign on it.

What about heading from Cork? The AA Routefinder has me on the motorway until Portlaoise and heading back down through Stradbally. Does this sound correct?

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
would I be shunned if I showed up in the daily for this...feck all room in the 356 for taking bits there or bringing stuff back...:box:

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
would I be shunned if I showed up in the daily for this...feck all room in the 356 for taking bits there or bringing stuff back...:box:

In a word......yes! If I'm driving the '53 from Cork.........well still haven't actually decided if I want to make the trip in it. I see your point.

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Depending where in Cork you are Waterford could be an option. Good enough road to Waterford and then Motorway to Castledermot.
All the towns are bypassed and you don't go near waterford.

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Camping on the Saturday night:

1: vwbeetle1500
2: aiden and joanne
3: Airhead + 1
4:Graham.. (hopefully.. working on it)
5eclan (deckie)
6: Tom & Kathi
7: Rocky (maybe)
8: Padraic & Fiona( podsyb)
9: Team Lazy (maybe)
10. Kieran & Majella (hopefully...working on it too!)
11. liam, ann and boys ( hopefully)
12. Rascal1 and Valerie...

Attending the show on Sunday:

1: vwbeetle1500
2: Greatballsoffire57(possibly)
3: aiden and joanne
4: Airhead + 1
5:Graham (definitely)
6: Declan (deckie)
7: Tom & Kathi
8: Rocky
9: Steve
10:padraic & Fiona (podsyb)
11: Horizontal
12: Team Lazy
13. Kieran & Majella (hopefully...working on it too!)
14. liam, ann and boys
15. Tonyvw
16. Kvinyl
17. rascal1 and Valerie

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
In a word......yes! If I'm driving the '53 from Cork.........well still haven't actually decided if I want to make the trip in it. I see your point.

ok, if you commit to the '53 I'll bring the 356 :D ...and bring small, tiny stuff to sell...

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Anyone heading up from Cork on the Sunday who would have a bit of seat space for a small one? Ok.....Not so small one?

Decided we are definitely heading off to this from Cork tomorrow. If you haven't got a lift and want to stay overnight, we will have room (well that little space in the back seat of an oval!).

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Ah feck. Super sound Alice had lent me her 1302 cabrio for the weekend so I had a VW to go in, and I collected it today and the accelerator cable snapped, which is a pisser. I felt really bad bringing it back to her on a tow truck, and it's a pity I have to go in my brothers rotten, smelly old Volvo. At least I can still go though, and my brother was nice enough to send me said rotten, smelly old Volvo. Alices new Volvo is anything but rotten, smelly or old though. Very nice car actually, but lets be honest, it's nowhere near as nice as the cabrio, which I fell in love with! I can't believe she lent me it either. Thanks again, Alice!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Make Alice an offer on the cabrio....its lovely little car. Could always be a present for herself ;)

Your right about those Volvo's.....durty smelly things LOL

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Ah feck. Super sound Alice had lent me her 1302 cabrio for the weekend so I had a VW to go in, and I collected it today and the accelerator cable snapped, which is a pisser. I felt really bad bringing it back to her on a tow truck, and it's a pity I have to go in my brothers rotten, smelly old Volvo. At least I can still go though, and my brother was nice enough to send me said rotten, smelly old Volvo. Alices new Volvo is anything but rotten, smelly or old though. Very nice car actually, but lets be honest, it's nowhere near as nice as the cabrio, which I fell in love with! I can't believe she lent me it either. Thanks again, Alice!

wouldyou not have just got a cable in Otto and stuck it in. €5ish and half an hour job at the most, no?

@Padraig, looks like I'll be attending in the Passat, I have a pile of stuff to bring for people :)