Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

30/31 October Barn Bugs and Wags, South Kildare

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I spoke to Jon about it before I posted it up, Im coming down in a T4 with other mates in T4s and I thought well seeing as Jon supplies JustKampers products etc and he's adding a T4 section to his business/website perhaps it would be a good oppertunity to support him and his efforts running this event to spread the word that he caters for all VW campers and equipment!

Sounds fair to me, can't argue with that.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
The Vagdriver's members are grand, they not the same as your go faster stripe brigade. Anyone that was at the Vage show in Fermoy this year will remember how chilled out that event was.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
The Vagdriver's members are grand, they not the same as your go faster stripe brigade. Anyone that was at the Vage show in Fermoy this year will remember how chilled out that event was.

I'd agree - a lot of them passed me on the way down to Cork and while I was expecting to see a few boy racers doing the usual mindless stuff, I didn't see any of it - all sensible speeds etc.

There was the tantrum-throwing girl leaving the show itself but she got plenty of criticism on the vagdrivers forum afterwards and it was clear from the reaction to her that she was very much the exception.

That said, it might be best if its mostly cars/buses that have some connection with what Jon does, at least for the first year. It'll be a learning experience for him so best to keep it manageable, especially as he's running it on an informal basis. There's a lot to running these events, more so as the numbers get bigger.

Last edited:

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
As I said I ran it by Jon, he thought it would be cool to ask T4 owners and even said that side of his business was growing and that Vanfest was full of T4s this year!

I had a guy contact me straight away on Vagdrivers as he has 3 T4 campers between his Dad, himself and brother, he was delighted and never heard of Jon and lives in Laois, he definetly coming!

Aircooled are one crowd but I wouldnt bunch T2 owners in the same group, T4 and T25 owners are often more akin to a T2 owner than a hardcore bug owner!!! Same with H20, some H2o guys might be more into the aircooled scene than some bug and bus owners!

My mate drives a slammed MX5 and Mk2 gti but yet has ben to bug jam a few times and Le Bug Show in Spa, more than most! He want to come next week end too!

End of the day, it will only appeal to certain types of people, if the others arrive, they'll get bored soon enough and go!!!

Back on topic, how do I find Jon's place, I dunno where Im going!!!!!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Take the first exit for Carlow (signposted Castledermot).
Come down the slip road, take the first exit on the roundabout.
You come to a bend in the road, follow the bend. (passing a fuel garage on your right, its a one horse town you'll be fine).

At the lights in the village, take a left.
When you come onto that road, stay left!!
Drive straight up passing a school, and take a right turn at
the GAA club.
Follow up that road for a half a mile or so. You'll won't miss it.
Its on the left, with a big barn and their'll be loads of VW's.

Hope that helps.

SteveR

Club Member
Club Member
April 28, 2009
Knocklyon, Dublin
Are you sure its not left?. The directions are as if you are entering the village from the south. You would then be taking the left turn at the lights where the Granite pub is. I've only seen Jon's place once while down there so not too sure myself.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
gotcha, I was thinking of coming down the old road from Kildare direction. Apologies. I'll edit the post to save confusion ;)

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
Take the first exit for Carlow (signposted Castledermot).
Come down the slip road, take the first exit on the roundabout.
You come to a bend in the road, follow the bend. (passing a fuel garage on your right, its a one horse town you'll be fine).

At the lights in the village, take a left.
When you come onto that road, stay left!!
Drive straight up passing a school, and take a right turn at
the GAA club.
Follow up that road for a half a mile or so. You'll won't miss it.
Its on the left, with a big barn and their'll be loads of VW's.

Hope that helps.

Directions are perfect. If you have Sat Nav enter woodlands east castledermot and this will put you on the right road. I will put a few signs ups and leave my Red T25 by the entrance with a sign on it.

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
Well only a week to go

We have the trophies, over a 100 burgers and 100 sausages, the BBq is ready to be lit. If there is any food you want to bring yourself for the BBq then bring it along. There is a toilet block here. hot water, tea and coffee available. I will make a punch for Saturday night well the wife is. anyone wearing fancy dress or will it only be my daughter. It is bring your own booze, the coffers can't stretch that far unfortunatly but I will provide cold water to keep them cool.

Does anyone have any large speakers to play some tunes???

I hope there is plenty of guys bringing stuff to sell for the swap meet.

If anyone want anything ordering to collect at the show wednessday morning is the deadline. Tuesday for large items.

As Horizontal said so well, this is my first event, never done one before and I want to keep this going for years to come. So I can't afford to upset the inlaws and neighbours too much else it could be a one off. As a proud owner of a watercooled T25, I welcome watercooled VW's including T4's and anyone with an interest in classic Vw's but I'm not so keen to turn this into an event that cars that look like shopping trollies with go faster stripes, just not my cup of tea and I'm not implying this to Vag drivers before anyone asks. I'm not trying to upset anyone but I think everyone knows what i mean. Any questions give me a call on 0866038449. Lets have a good day.