Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

30/31 October Barn Bugs and Wags, South Kildare

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
Hi Guy's
Jon here from VW Spares
Thinking of trying to start a show/meet in Castledermot ( South Kildare). I know this is short notice but had 30/31st October in mind Halloween weekend. I have a 120ft x 80ft indoor sand arena available so rain and the cold wouldn't be an issue for the time of the year. I would guess you could fit at least 40 to 50 vans and beetles in the arena. I have a few ideas and just wanted to see if anyone would be interested.

Obviously Free entree, that way we don't require insurance
Show and shine, trophy for best original van, best original beetle
Best Modified Van and best modified beetle
Fancy dress for Halloween with another trophy
Food, BBQ burgers and sausages
Camping over on Saturday night is another option either in the arena or a large grass Paddock out the back or the front car park
Halloween party Saturday night
There is a toilet block already here.
Swap meet

The arena is my wife's parents place which is an equestrian centre during the week but I think this could make a great venue. Now I have never done anything like this before so anyone wanting to help or get involved feel free, I have already draged Tom Roberts and Pat best in on this and run the idea by Brian. The general idea is to have a good time, a chance for everyone to meet up, may be a party for Halloween, and a few trophies.

Any suggestions please, I need to get an idea if people would be interested and able to make it to see if the whole thing is a going concern. All you need to do is turn up and bring your V Dub and have a laugth.

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Jon I'll be there. Without a doubt.

Have no problem to support you on this.

Great company and people,
craftsmen of their trade.

Ring john up on a bank holiday broken down or after 6 and he'll take your call. And if he's near he'll get to you.

See you then, hope the club can support.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Sounds good, I never got it together to head north for Rawktoberfest but I think I can make it as far as Kildare. :D

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
super idea, I was just talking to a chap there on Monday about how little there is to do over the winter season. I'd be well up for it. Plus it would be nice to only travel 30 mins to a show/meetup for a change!

Indoors is a bonus too as it'll probably be pissing that time of year.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Hi Jon,
That is the same type of Venue we used for Rawktoberfest and it works well. It's inside and the kiddies have a place to run while the parents talk. It should be an instant success.

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
This is a great response guys, It would be ideal for a family event, lots of horses around for viewing and open fields. Been wanting to do this for a while but just never had the balls.
No problem for a sand castle comp Darragh, no shortage of sand here. Keep the ideas up. As i said I have never done this before..

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
sounds great Jon, will give you a hand too if it helps along the way, as the lads said the indoor arena is perfect

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Jon,
We had a few Rocakbilly bands play but we also had to take donations to cover those. It cost us 100 pounds to use the Riding for the disabled arena so by the time all was said and done i think a tenner was required. If you don't want or can't for insurance reasons charge then maybe Eircooled could Sponsor this event with a few bob from the coffers??? Games and Halloween stuff for the Campers and kids were great fun also.