Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

VW Action

Teresa Dollery

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2007
Limerick
Santa Pod is a good bit from Heathrow,
Birmingham would be nearer and Ryan air fly there
from Shannon, also have a look at East Midlands airport
I think thats in the same general area.

E

EoinO

Never been to it before but I will be at the edition38 show the same weekend. Going to make the trip up to Action on the Saturday morning. Should be a great weekend.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I would advise anyone to sign up for Aer Aranns newsletter - you get an email every now and again (at about 12.45pm) saying - Happy Hour - book return flights from Ireland to UK for only €20 inc tax between 1pm and 2pm today. They do a much better service that Ryanair - flying at good times etc.

T

The Prodigy

as far as I know best bet is fly into luton and get on a train

Aye, Luton is the handiest airport if you wanna fly.

Caddy will be over there for Action and then I'll be driving over to meet up with him to go back to Santa Pod for 5 nights for the real drag racing, European finals.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Rule 6 (Paul) seem to go to Action alot, Last year was my first but I only went as it was at Santa Pod for the first time! Good show, far smaller and less busy than BugJam so easy to get a look at the show cars. Family show with stuff for kids etc.

Think the lads who met me this year at BugJam fly to Luton.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Fair play Deckie, have you been to a UK show before?

The Pod if the weathers good will blow your mind and Action being a family show is a nice one to start with! I cant make it as Im only arriving back from the US on the sunday!

One things for sure, if anying thing is ever going to make you slam that Oval will be a trip to a show a Santa Pod! Big motor too!!! You'll be busy over the winter!

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Fair play Deckie, have you been to a UK show before?

The Pod if the weathers good will blow your mind and Action being a family show is a nice one to start with! I cant make it as Im only arriving back from the US on the sunday!

One things for sure, if anying thing is ever going to make you slam that Oval will be a trip to a show a Santa Pod! Big motor too!!! You'll be busy over the winter!

Never being to a UK show so can't wait

I suggested going to the show for maybe Sunday (as were driving to scotland anyway) at about 6 this evening
Now going there for friday evening/night -- Result

As for the height of my car.. Who knows.. . .

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Well that was class
Arrived at about 10pm on Friday
just amazed by the low busses
Got up bright and early on Saturday with a massive hangover and sniffed out an inlet manifold and carb and then started on the beers again
Very impressed with the nice sized crowd very little queuing nice food

Have loads of photos but need to shrink them. (Anyone have anything to reduce pic size in batchs)

Will deffo have to bring Oval to santa Pod next year
but it will have to be more aero dynamic then it currently is. at least 2" :)

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
P1010611.jpg

P1010612.jpg

P1010615.jpg

P1010616.jpg

P1010621.jpg

P1010623.jpg

P1010638.jpg

P1010639.jpg

If anyone has seats like this for sale. Give me a shout.
P1010640.jpg

P1010642.jpg

P1010643.jpg