Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Terenure Show - Sun 4th July 2010

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Had a great day out in Terenure, great turn out and even better weather... feeling a bit red around the neck (head was saved by Michael's factor 50, petty I didn't put it on my neck). Someone who didn't hold back on the sun cream....
5a6ae984.jpg

A couple of shots of the Eircooled section.
b0b7f572.jpg

50160f63.jpg

Some beautiful DKW's
c627f244.jpg

6d17e592.jpg

c2ab842f.jpg

And one of my favorites, the Bristol... no car has a better looking rear end.
799431ca.jpg

d8b98560.jpg

And not forgetting Michelle's cookies which made it up to Terenure... delicious, Cheers
5febd589.jpg

I'm going to start a new thread for the caption competition pic... it's a beauty.

Last edited:

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
I know... I've been struggling with that. What do you select in Photobucket to upload the correct sizes, tried all four and it didn't work

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Sorry I missed this now...took one look out the window at the lashing rain at 7am this moring and decided to go back to bed, looks like it turned into a great day...pics look great, looks like a fine turn out

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
Sorry I missed this now...took one look out the window at the lashing rain at 7am this moring and decided to go back to bed, looks like it turned into a great day...pics look great, looks like a fine turn out

Yea, I was on two minds about going this morning aswell, it was spilling rain. According to the met eireann website though it was to clear later in the day, so I chanced it. Turned out to be a great day but very windy. Some of the trade stalls nearly blew away and I really felt it on the car aswell travelling on the motorway. Got some sunburn aswell.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Yea, I was on two minds about going this morning aswell, it was spilling rain. According to the met eireann website though it was to clear later in the day, so I chanced it. Turned out to be a great day but very windy. Some of the trade stalls nearly blew away and I really felt it on the car aswell travelling on the motorway. Got some sunburn aswell.

You found the M50 and got home in one piece PJ? Good stuff!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
The poor owl MG lost their stand to the river. Of course Hugo was really polite. Blowing the horn and sting the fingers up lol

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
Had a blast at the show today. It was great to finally attend a show in an aircooled car and chat to a few club members too, although I didn't get to speak to as many as I would've liked to. The Eircooled area looked great with a nice turnout and seemed to be very popular with the showgoers, loads of photos taken and nice comments about the cars. I too got a "grand colour", my face and neck are redder than my hair right now :)

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
My new Fuch's

My new Fuch's

Or so I'm told.

This guy walked up to my car, and said to the wife.
Jesus the Fuch's on that car are savage.!!

I was falling around laughing!:lol:

photo-122.jpg

Those fuchs!

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
The poor owl MG lost their stand to the river. Of course Hugo was really polite. Blowing the horn and sting the fingers up lol

Great Show as always, but lots of casualties during the night, and I don't mean cars! I think Hugo was blowing the horn at this guy! :D
terenure20101.jpg

terenure20102.jpg

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
(head was saved by Michael's factor 50, petty I didn't put it on my neck). Someone who didn't hold back on the sun cream....
5a6ae984.jpg

And not forgetting Michelle's cookies which made it up to Terenure... delicious, Cheers
5febd589.jpg

I should have put it on my neck too! Thanks for the kickstart coffee Hugo.

1L thanks for the cookies, they were scrummy!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Or so I'm told.

This guy walked up to my car, and said to the wife.
Jesus the Fuch's on that car are savage.!!

I was falling around laughing!:lol:

photo-122.jpg

Those fuchs!

I had two old boys standing by my car pointing out everything that is wrong with it but the best comment was "that car is foreign, sure look at the wheels".

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I had two old boys standing by my car pointing out everything that is wrong with it but the best comment was "that car is foreign, sure look at the wheels".

Jesus I'd just tell them to fuck off. I hate that crap. They were probably from the Jaguar club or something like that, thinking that their cars are better than everyone elses because of the badge. Thats why I like VWs. They are the peoples car, instead of being elitist and exclusive.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Jesus I'd just tell them to fuck off. I hate that crap. They were probably from the Jaguar club or something like that, thinking that their cars are better than everyone elses because of the badge. Thats why I like VWs. They are the peoples car, instead of being elitist and exclusive.

That's a pretty large chip on your shoulder there Ross :D

I just laugh it off and in this case I thought it was really funny to hear what they were saying. What I didn't like was the two guys who went from sitting in Ann's gold 1303 to Pat's Split Camper and when Pat went over they didn't give a shit and took it as their right to open the doors and sit in.