Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] Swapmeet Offered and Wanted

walshe

Club Member
Club Member
August 3, 2009
athy
@ Walshe, it depends on whether the starter is on the gearbox or the engine side of the flywheel. The Polo/Cordoba starters are both on the engine side, near the firewall (they're interchangeable by the way). Check your application and let me know.

For the LHS basketweave seat and the pair of black door cards, €50 if you want a starter too, I'll throw it in the deal.

my starter is on the engine side of the flywheel near the firewall so sounds like it will suit

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
grand so. Will I put you down for the seat, doorcards and a starter for €50?

@Krissovo, you mentioned above you were looking for an ashtray for a bay window bus. Add a fiver to the price of the gauges and it's yours. Have some inertia seatbelts, tenner each if I have a full matchd pair. You'd need to make a simple "L" bracket to make them work in a bay.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Is the 1600 exhaust useable? ... if so how much you looking trev?
Any pics of the late 60's steering wheel .... again how much?
Thanks!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
exhaust was taken off my own bug to fit the 4-1 and stainless muffler, was working fine. Would do many more miles of service. €20
steering wheel I got thinking I could adapt it to the Derby, no go though :( Very good condition, I'll get a pic tomorrow. €30

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
is anyone from or near Athlone/Mullingar? Bug Eireann is loking for some parts but is not going to Jon Whites on Sunday. Is anyone heading back that way and could take them? Small parts only :)

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
exhaust was taken off my own bug to fit the 4-1 and stainless muffler, was working fine. Would do many more miles of service. €20
steering wheel I got thinking I could adapt it to the Derby, no go though :( Very good condition, I'll get a pic tomorrow. €30

Sound .... can you bring them along at the weekend, thanks!

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
is anyone from or near Athlone/Mullingar? Bug Eireann is loking for some parts but is not going to Jon Whites on Sunday. Is anyone heading back that way and could take them? Small parts only :)

I'll be heading close to there on Sunday, not sure of my route yet but I think I turn off near Loughrea? I can grab the parts anyhow, maybe meet Bug Eireann along the way or a later day around Galway / Loughrea?

krissovo

Club Member
Club Member
August 9, 2010
Cork
@Krissovo, you mentioned above you were looking for an ashtray for a bay window bus. Add a fiver to the price of the gauges and it's yours. Have some inertia seatbelts, tenner each if I have a full matchd pair. You'd need to make a simple "L" bracket to make them work in a bay.

Thats a deal then

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
ive a set of porsche cookie cutters,just powder coated with vgood pirelli tyres if anyones interested, (still have to collect them from tallaght powder coatings)
and a set of teledials,but no centre caps with these

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath

im bout 30 min from mullingar if that suits him

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I have looked and looked but I cannot see where the 1776 long block was listed.. Should have gone to specsavers...

if I had one it would be in my bug and the stock 1600 would be in the list ;)

@ Podsy, I'll pick the best pair for you. Can you bring the Audi shocks/springs on Sunday?

@ mintman, I'll let him know, see if it suits him. Thanks for the offer :)