Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Summer Cruise

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I mentioned in the Jumpstart thread that I was thinking of organising a summer cruise on a date TBC but I am now thinking mid-late May? I'll have a look at the calendar and see what VW stuff is going on.

Meet up at Pa McGraths pub on the limerick/Tipp & Waterford Rd at about 11am or 12 noon, grab a soup & sambo inside before heading to the Vee and then onto Lismore.

Pa McGrath's Pub is a great spot and easy to get to. The food is nice and it makes for a super backdrop to any photos so should make a super starting point.

The Vee is just beautiful and is a real drivers road. If you've been there you'll want to go back and if you've never been there you have to drive it at least once. Lots of car clubs and bike riders head up the Vee for a blast.

Lismore is a gorgeous town to stop all the cars in and I'm sure we can find a nice place to stuff our faces before heading home.

Last edited:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Nice one Coxy.
Pa McGraths is actually where I have planned as the destination for the Limerick spin tonight.
That sounds like a great day out.
Hope I can make it

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Another great idea Cathal. If you could separate it date-wise from the Limerick show on last weekend in may it would be ideal.

Or flesh it out and have it the Saturday before the show and offer a free BBQ, house party at yours and goodie bags to boot that could work too... ;)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Ha ha, it could work, but it ain't gonna happen! I did one event at my gaff before and that's enough.......it's enough for the neighbours too I'd say :p

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Cant wait to see what ya'll blag for that one, cant see the goodie bags being as good this time though!

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
waynemacvw;Wayne9 said:
Cathal ....... I Think You Should Give Out Lucky Bags !

Unless Your Early ........ You'd Be "Lucky" To Get One :lol:

Fixed that for ya wayne

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
It depends where you want to start from and how much of a cruise you fancy Tony. We'll be starting at Pa McGraths and going from there so perhaps The Vee might suit you or else you could just head to Lismore.

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
I mentioned in the Jumpstart thread that I was thinking of organising a summer cruise on a date TBC but I am now thinking mid-late May? I'll have a look at the calendar and see what VW stuff is going on.

I'd be on for this Coxy but with some forward thinking in mind the limerick show is on around the last weekend in May.
No point in having them clash or be near to one another.

69bug

Bugless
Club Member
I'd be on for this Coxy but with some forward thinking in mind the limerick show is on around the last weekend in May.
No point in having them clash or be near to one another.

It's only a cruise Beag, not a show :D Look at April, sher Dubshed is on the weekend before the Kilcock Cruise, and Jon White's swap meet is on the day after the Kilcock cruise....I say bring it on, the more the merrier, it's been Winter long enough (y)

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
Or flesh it out and have it the Saturday before the show and offer a free BBQ, house party at yours and goodie bags to boot that could work too... ;)

I like this idea Trev had

It's only a cruise Beag, not a show :D Look at April, sher Dubshed is on the weekend before the Kilcock Cruise, and Jon White's swap meet is on the day after the Kilcock cruise....I say bring it on, the more the merrier, it's been Winter long enough (y)

Very true Liam, Sure aren't we in yours for the BBQ on the Saturday night between these.

Last edited:

tonyvw

Club Member
Club Member
June 2, 2009
cork city
whats the chances of having a convoy from cork ???

to join up at kilworth or mitchelstown with the rest

Last edited:

postvan-man

Club Member
Club Member
April 6, 2012
limerick
ill be up for it id say.i am finally driving and if it stays that way i dont see why not..the limerick show is only down the road for me anyway..so that wont stop me just because of the closeness of events...plus id take a drive over a show anyday...

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary

It's nearly May, Any news on a date for this Coxy?