Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

show of hands

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
after seeing what Caddy can do with an old flat four
after seeing what Ben can do with a pair of carbs
after seeing what Tsar can do with a rusty '70s bug
after seeing what Colm can do with a Subaru engine
after seeing what Colin can do with a stock 1600 and a turbo
after seeing what fun can be had with even a modest engine

who is either planning to soup-up what they have or planning to build something a bit saucy for next year's Drag Day? :ROFLMAO:

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
I want to finish the car off properly an get it painted an road legal(barely) It's not my motor but now I'm kinda fubar'd as my Dad says coz I've started at the top an got a taste of it rather than working my way up. I'm in a tricky situation, it would be very easy to leave the car as is when it's not really finished. I want to sort a few things an see if I can get a 13first, before the seasons out.

One things for sure, im not afraid of welding on cars now, I'm nervous about heater channels still but that's the first time I've worked on a car in that way. I've loads of ideas in my head now, get my project buggy pan shortened, do the floors an channels in the Bouncer an resurrect my favorite car. Who knows what I'll be in, but I'll be there, an probably have a car for my Dad an Eilish...

Thanks to Ben an Dad I can finally say built something! (with a little bit of help)

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Both! All fired up to hop up what I had this year and maybe also something saucy in a bus...dammed if I'll be sleeping in a tent besides two lads passing around large bananas and operating a pump for their 'air bed' next year...

Goal next year is 14s but 13s would be nicer ;)

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie

who is either planning to soup-up what they have or planning to build something a bit saucy for next year's Drag Day? :ROFLMAO:

Everyone........... :D

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
I too have a plan. It'll be zero budget and involve parts strewn about my garage and a shell I've been getting nowhere with. I don't imagine it'll be too pretty, very much bare bones, quick and dirty. That's the plan anyway :)

Time-wise I'd be aiming to give Ross a run for his money, although he'll probably be quicker again this time next year.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
images

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i

I think you missed an important part out of this list.

After seeing what Eircooled can do as a forum in 5 weeks :drinkbeer:

Hats off to you guys, you pulled it out of the bag as a club.

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Absolutely..My plans for the 1303 have changed.This is the side of the vdub scene that was missing for me.I'm not one for the static shows,I would only attend one or two a year but I love motorsport so this is the direction I'm gonna push for,along with the odd track day.
Fecking up the engine the other day in a round about way was a blessing in disguise.Time to get something with a bit of pep in its step methinks.I'm already looking around at longblocks.:)
Also as I am fitting carbon bumpers and spoiler, kerscher running boards and wings the car should be a lot lighter than stock.probably lightweight bonnet as well as I need to change mine anyway as its a bit rusty..
I honestly think That Ben&Dave have given the Irish Aircooled scene a whole new direction and for that we thank you.Hats off to you both.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I'm pulling out all stops, calling in favors and selling most everything to build a quick Buggy. I can ship the Buggy over in pieces. It's very light and I think I'm going to make it a dual purpose drag/street car which will require 2 engines, 2 trans, 2 front beams and a removable home brew top. Drag beam will be 4" narrowed aluminum spindle mount with no front brakes. Rear will be converted to disc. I'll have a Nascar legal 10 second cage built for it, use a 6 rib Bus trans with 930 cv's, raised 4 inches. The body will be removable for ease of engine/trans swaps. I've been onto Geoff Hart about buying him out of the Bonneville engine less the 51.5 mm Webers I only have 48 IDA's but if I have any trade bait left over I may even try to buy those too. I want to chase Subies! Have a nice 1776cc and a 2276 on the way, may sell one as a turn key engine to fund some of this project. It's all Ben and Dave's fault!