Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

MLVW show

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Johns beetle should be back on the road this week and we are going to have a look at the new service station on the M6 between Moate and Athlone later in the week.

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
I would be up for that and I am sure if we get a couple of heads together we could make it a good show. Anyone interested? If so we should make a new thread and float the idea with the club. No harm giving the nboc type2 folks and any other air-cooled a shout either and come up with something.
Well it looks like this is going to happen. BUS & BUGFEST Ireland 14th-16th July 2023 hosted in killbeggen by Mossey Conlon. He was being accused of copying the guys over at MLVW but he’s not into the newer stuff. I’ll add to this at a later date but our idea has become a reality but in the hands of someone else

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
So any word or details of the show itinerary, events, admission ect. Must be close now but I see no advertising details around kilbeggan yet.

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
So any word or details of the show itinerary, events, admission ect. Must be close now but I see no advertising details around kilbeggan yet.
I think this was on about a month ago?
I meet up with them in Kells or some other vag gang who were out on a spin on Saturday and staying kilbeggan for a show the next day.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I think this was on about a month ago?
I meet up with them in Kells or some other vag gang who were out on a spin on Saturday and staying kilbeggan for a show the next day.
Sorry, I meant the aircooled show in Kilbeggan mid July, I cant seem to find any info on it anywhere about admission pricing, whats on there on the day.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Just found the details here,

33 euro for one day or 110 for a weekend if I'm reading things correctly, so open to correction . Thats the only pricing I can find.

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Wouldn't be a bad idea to make a separate post or sticky about this event seeming that it's so near. But hats off to mossy for getting this off the ground. I know that there are costs involved for any show involving the public, but if it starts a good show off that will grow I am up for it. And I do hope that it's a air-cooled highlight.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Wouldn't be a bad idea to make a separate post or sticky about this event seeming that it's so near. But hats off to mossy for getting this off the ground. I know that there are costs involved for any show involving the public, but if it starts a good show off that will grow I am up for it. And I do hope that it's a air-cooled highlight.
I spoke to a good few classic car guys recently, and they all feel that 35 euro for admission is a very high figure. Not a lot of thought there really. 115 euro for a weekend attendance at a show for camping may be one thing, but just to walk in and look around for the same price, is a bit odd. Some of the lads I spoke to wont be going, they're heading to Mullingar classic car show instead.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
The last MLVW show suffered a bit with attendance because they never did any real advertising for it, and I dont see any around kilbeggan for this one either. Any luck with your tinware? Is it for a T25

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Not yet with the tinware I heard that this bug+bus is going to have a swap meet there as well . I will give it a go and see what happens.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I think kilbeggan races is also on that Friday 14th July. Being directly across the road from the show venue is gonna be an absolute nightmare for driving to the show. Normally the race traffic sometimes backs up all the way to kilbeggan from Loughnagore.
Now with all the Vdubs as well,...its gonna be fun .

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Not yet with the tinware I heard that this bug+bus is going to have a swap meet there as well . I will give it a go and see what happens.
I heard that, if you hear of any Type 4 engine tinware, let me know. The T25 tinware should be easy got surely.

Last edited:

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I have to make a couple of calls and get back to you on that . Is your bay a CT or cu engine?
My engine is the CU aircooled type 4 engine, same as the one used in the Porsche 914, the early T25 aircooled unit.
I need the tinware that fits onto this, and matches the late bay engine bay. At the moment I've made contact with a guy in France who has most of what I need, as well as T25 tinware. I would prefer to spend my money in Ireland to support the home grown vw scene, but I have had no luck at all in sourcing it here. Maybe the swap meet at the show might throw up a few pieces hopefully.

What T 25 pieces are you looking for. Is your engine an aircooled or the waterboxer.

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Mines a cu engine. Carburetors were a bit of a issue. Solex type. Would not mind converting to a single carb manifold if possible.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Mines a cu engine. Carburetors were a bit of a issue. Solex type. Would not mind converting to a single carb manifold if possible.
Is it in a T25 or a T2 bay. My own engine has the twin solex fitted that appears to run well on start up, but with no tinware I cant bring it down the road.

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
No thanks I am okay for the tinwear it's the right hand side carburettor I am looking for or a manifold to convert to single carb