Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

MLVW show

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
I am just giving you the heads up as it's local to me and only fair to mention that Midlands VW club. Are having a show this weekend 8/5/22 opposite the racecourse in kiibeggan co Westmeath it's their 8 year and hopefully getting better each year. Details on MLVW FB page. Hopefully be there and the weather keeps good. And it would be nice to have a selection of air-cooled there

Reactions: wackerwacker

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Don't know but where I get stuck might be best avoided 😂 it would be great to see if they do I ain't in the club so if any one who is reading this and is in the move club give us a spot would be greatly appreciated 😁

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I just drove by it there at 5.00.pm I saw 2 signs one for public car park, and 1 for show cars, I saw nothing else for other classics, VW/Audi or otherwise. So I cant offer any info on whether aircooleds go into the public or show car parks

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I’ll probably be going down tomorrow, coming from Dublin. What’s the story with public car parking?
Unfortunately I cant enlighten you I'm afraid. Public parking is designated in the field alongside the venue, and the show carpark is around the enclosed show area. I have no idea whether its free entrance if you bring a vw, but I suspect not. I passed there a few times today around the time of the run, but I saw nothing at all except a few tents and them nasty old golf water pumpers:D

Reactions: biddlebop

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
I will rock over tomorrow with my show and shite and hope for the best I did it a couple of years ago and I was charged 10 to show which I thought a bit tasty but every one was paying that. I suppose that they are renting the field and premices so there is is . Ain't many other VW shows this year by the sounds of it.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I just found this ad on Donedeal. Show cars on site before 11 and then its open to the public after 11.
But I also saw another ad saying open to the public after 12..

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
I went today and the show was great. I’ll post pictures later but the weather was amazing and it was so chill. A few air cooled cars there. A beetle won best of show. Most of you know it, I don’t know the owners name, I think it’s Sarah (maybe)? ZH reg.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Beautiful car, it was a well deserved win. I went myself at about 1.15 today, but they would not let me in to the show car park as they said it was an insurance issue and they could not. If I was there at 1.00 then they might have let me in. I was well pissed, but it was their club, so their rules.

I went into the public car park to check it out. But I wasn't happy enough to park it there. So I drove off to give some youngsters an opportunity with their parents to get a few pictures for them in the drivers seat, and they were well chuffed, and met a few other aircooled beetles to boot. So worked out ok for the day