Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

LIMERICK VW SHOW 2014 , Sunday May 25th

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Hats off Trev,you done it again.You've turned an ugly POS into something really cool.I love it.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
So who owned what and won what? There were a few cars I didn't recognise.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
the grey '67 on wide-5 Fuchs won a prize, Brendan O'Brien collected his annual trophy :ROFLMAO: Donal Dollery's pickup won a prize too. I don't know which (1st/2nd) or in which categories but those were some of the awards for starters :)

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Is it me or has the number of modified/lowered/custom air-cooled vw's dropped off in recent years compared to say 3/4 years ago?

Agreed,which is an awful pity.Don't get me wrong,I appreciate a stocker but ,dare I say it, I find them a little boring.I don't mean to offend anyone by that statement but I just prefer to see a car that has a bit of imagination put into it.Bring back the lairy 90s I say(without the buckets of filler&fibreglass.)

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
A few years ago there was a row of Ovals, all modified. Fendered57 is gone, Beag/Knk's is gone, Liams Split panel is gone, I didn't go down this year but it was the same last year. John Healy probably didn't bring his 67 coz of the rain but still there's seems to be more clean stock stuff these days. I'm not sure about the current venue, it's cool but a bit hilly. 'Stanced' cars dont sit right on hills. The old venue did work well with all the cars in rows. Still a brilliant show, pity I had to miss it.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
You know, I've just been thinking that I'd love to see a show in a scenic location. I'm tired of all this fields and car parks stuff. Fota House would be great IMHO, like a mini Stanford Hall....

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
You know, I've just been thinking that I'd love to see a show in a scenic location. I'm tired of all this fields and car parks stuff. Fota House would be great IMHO, like a mini Stanford Hall....

As long as people arent raping your ass for parts stanford hall swapmeet style, and there isnt some cockend waving part numbers in your face, then yeah, sounds like a good idea, Trusthouse Forte' ?

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
top marks! You're the only one to notice that! I was scouring scrap yards on Friday looking for an oil cooler to hang from the front with two big oil hoses poking out through one of the dummy lamps in the grille. Do you think I could find one?

the rear wheels are Wolfrace Slotmags. 8Jx15 ET -20ish 4x100. I had a pair of G60s re-rimmed for the rear but couldn't get the narrower tyres in time for Sunday to get them under the arches. Despite the 4.56 degrees of camber on the rear the Slots with stretched tyres were the only ones I could actually use. They worked well though :)
Lovely car - slotmags are nice - smartcar fronts?
You just need to do up yer exhaust like this & it'll be perfect. You have plenty of time to get it done for Fermoy...
4f1ad6d836a6ebd3f3ffad4089bac5e9.jpg