Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

LIMERICK VW SHOW 2013 , Sunday May 26th

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
LIMERICK VW Show 2013

Celebrating the 21st year of the show :)

When ? Sunday May 26 2013 ( weekend BEFORE June bank holiday weekend )

10.00 am onwards

Where ? ** NEW LOCATION for 2013 **

LIMERICK RACECOURSE

( a few miles from Limerick city , near Patrickswell )

located at exit 4 M20

GPS: N 52.59045 W 008.69632

Entry fee per car still only 5 euro & as usual no pre-entry required

Once again Rez has kindly agreed to lay on some tunes :)

Thanks to all those who have supported this show over the years & hopefully the sun will once again shine in 2013.

As usual , lots of other classic cars to see if anyone tires of 100s of veedubs....

Some photos from Limerick Show 2012 ;

http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?10019-LIMERICK-VW-SHOW-2012-Sunday-May-27th/page11&

Update ;

Just in case anyone gets hungry on Sunday, there will be a Supermacs mobile catering unit on site & also a sit-down restaurant in the Grandstand building ,something for everyone !

Also thanks to Brian (Gritz) & Graham (Beag) of CM signs in Thurles for generously supplying the window stickers for this years show F.O.C. !

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
that's great news, the racecourse is only a few miles from the in-laws in Adare. So I don't have as far to tow the trailer queen this year...

DSCF2238Medium.jpg

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Time to bump this up again. Sunday 2 weeks.
Lets make this the best show yet.

As mentioned already i'll be spinning a few tunes, hopefully in the sunshine.
I'll bring along the Eircooled gazebo that I have. Brian, will you be there again with your one?
Mikey, any merchandise ready?
Anyone else have any ideas on how to contribute something different?
I was considering having all of us meeting somewhere else beforehand and driving into the show in convoy as a club but we could end up missing the show if we get chatting at the meeting point! ;)
If Brian is ok with it I'll take membership (€25) on the day for anyone who wants to pay.
Would it be possible for Eircooled to maybe put forward club award, as voted by the members?
Are there funds available (and time)to get some flags etc made?

This show has the best club turnout of the year and in it's new location this year we really could make it spectacular.

Last edited:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
It's looking like I'll be working on the 26th! :mad:

Kev, if I get the merchandise to Limerick will you look after them?

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
Just a few updates for the 2013 show ;

The LCVCC are pleased to announce that Volkswagen Group Ireland are one of the main sponsors of this years event.

As well as hundreds of VAG cars , the Limerick show usually attracts other German makes .This year Porsche Club Ireland will be attendance & also Conlan's BMW & Hinchy's Opel will be displaying some of the latest models .

A new side attraction for 2013 is grasstrack / motocross bike racing with over 100 bikes & quads participating.
It is a championship event so should be quite exciting.
Those with sensitive ears will be pleased to know that the racing will be well away from the show cars ! :)

Attachments

• MOTOCROSS red.jpg
    MOTOCROSS red.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 0

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Time to bump this up again. Sunday 2 weeks.
Lets make this the best show yet.

As mentioned already i'll be spinning a few tunes, hopefully in the sunshine.
I'll bring along the Eircooled gazebo that I have. Brian, will you be there again with your one?
Mikey, any merchandise ready?
Anyone else have any ideas on how to contribute something different?
I was considering having all of us meeting somewhere else beforehand and driving into the show in convoy as a club but we could end up missing the show if we get chatting at the meeting point! ;)
If Brian is ok with it I'll take membership (€25) on the day for anyone who wants to pay.
Would it be possible for Eircooled to maybe put forward club award, as voted by the members?
Are there funds available (and time)to get some flags etc made?

This show has the best club turnout of the year and in it's new location this year we really could make it spectacular.

Yeah I'm planning on been there.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'm going to pass the weather ordering to Kev as I won't be there this year although I accept no responsibility if he orders hailstones, floods or tsunamis :D