Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Limerick monthly meetings

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Before I left Limerick I considered having a quick chat to the filling station manager asking if we could put up a sign in store saying we would meet there on the first Tuesday of each month. There's ALOT more aircooled's in Limerick that the few that visit here.
It was very rare that nobody uses their pumps when we meet so I can't see an objection.
Might be worth a try. It would be sad to see this go. It always gave me a kick to get things finished before the meet each month.

eyebrows63

Club Member
Club Member
September 4, 2008
limerick
Maybe for the winter months cut it back to every second month . With the weather the way it was
the past few weeks you wouldn't be too inclined to venture out . I think the location is good . I have
been to the cars and coffee meet in the plaza recently and they are getting a huge turnout lately .
As Kevin said there's a lot of air cooled in the Limerick area .

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Next Tuesday 2nd of February is first tuesday of the month. Will anybody interested in usual meeting post their intentions here. I understand about the shitty weather etc. so if it doesn't happen every month that's ok, but we shouldn't let it die. I will post meeting info on Type2 forum also when my registration with them clears, might boost numbers.

Dolly Rocker

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2012
co clare
My Pink Lady is in the garage but when i get her out i would love to meet up with you all i live locally so a chance to meet new friends and any advice regarding my lovely van would be great!

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Tuesday 1st March is the next limerick monthly meet.
weather is improving ( a little bit ) and the evenings are getting brighter so get yourselves to chalkes in your vw or daily, it doesn't matter. Just turn up for a look, a coffee and a natter. 7:30 pm
See you there.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
A cold night last night so no standing around in Chawkes this month, off to Supermacs we went instead!

Three Beetles last night (y)

2 original Limerick reg'd Beetles. One Limerick county and the other registered in the citaaaaaaay!

Alan took out his orange Beetle out for the first time since October:

John (eyebrows) had his County Limerick registered Beetle out last night:

I brought along a '75 1200 Beetle:

And Bugeye rocked up in his.........

It was good to get out in the VWs last night and Alan, John, myself and Diarmaid chatted away for ages. Here's to next month when the evenings will be brighter and we might get a few more cars along!

Last edited:

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Tomorrow night is meet night for those vw enthusiasts that are around. Nice stretch in evening there too and hopefully evening will be dry. I have to work so I can't make it this time.

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Who is up for next Tues evening meet at chalkes. Usual time 7:30. We could take a spin out to ballina for a coffee by the river.