Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Limerick monthly meetings

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
That's a shame..........I'll write you a sick note if you like. What would you like? The runs, a cold and a fierce bad cough????

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Just missed five shifts with a bad back, though I'm sure your note would be very convincing I'll have to just suck it up.

Reactions: Coxy

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
No Title

Nice meeting last night at Pa McGrath's pub and in the warm sunshine too which was pleasant change:sunny:

There were 5 of us in total and we stayed chatting until it clouded over about 9:30pm..........waaaaaay passed our bedtimes anyway!

John arrived in his T25, Diarmuid in his lowered Oval, myself in the '75 Beetle, Alan arrived Beetle-less but in his new Passat - his orange Beetle was written off in France last year thanks to a gobshite who took the side off it at speed. He was looking for a replacement Beetle when his daily died which has pushed his hunt for a new Bug back a bit :mad:

Tom also came along to a meeting for the first time. I met Tom recently and he has a 1978 Last Edition Beetle (www.lasteditionbeetle.org) in his garage that he is getting back on the road. The car was originally owned by his sister and brother-in-law but it's not ready for road just yet. It's very solid, just needs reinstating after a few years off the road. Tom rocked up in his new Caddy instead........"still a VW" he said :D

Hopefully he'll get his Beetle ready for August's meeting. His rare silver Last Edition Beetle is number 51 on the register www.lasteditionbeetle.org/lebdetail.php?lebId=051

001.JPG002.JPG

Attachments

• photo23397.jpg
    photo23397.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo23398.jpg
    photo23398.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Joe and andrew

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'm going to have to cry off as I've fecked my back up at lunchtime but it doesn't look like many would have been going anyway. If I can get drugs and get them to kick in I might take a Beetle for a spin later and see if anyone is there.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Hi folks, I was just contacted by Alan regarding the meeting and will there be one tonight. Though I know I've missed a few meets myself I was still surprised to see that the last post was made as far back as September. There's no doubt it is more difficult and there is certainly less enthusiasm for winter meets but perhaps going forward we at least need to maintain contact through the forum. I am available for tonight but will not have the bay as taking it out of storage and driving in the dark is just too awkward. Maybe for winter meets having our vehicles out isn't as important as making physical contact for a chat. A warm indoor venue with hot beverages etc. available is more important, rather than standing in the cold of a carpark looking at cars. We are over the hump of winter now and can start to look forward towards finer and longer evenings. Pa McGrath's tonight then for anyone who can make it? Check back here later to see if we have a crew.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Great point. You're right, we should try and meet up over the winter, cars or no cars.

I can't make it tonight though but hopefully more will rock up.

:imsorry:

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
The important thing about the meets is to meet! Car or no car just get out and have a chat. That's how we work the Kilkenny meets and the turn out has been good all year round.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Ok so, maybe too late to get a crew for tonight. Let's make a big effort to be available next month and in the meantime post any ideas (different venues, activities, etc.) that might make the meetings more interesting. It was mentioned before I'm sure but we could organize a run out to Killaloe or somesuch place for April or May. Keep in touch, use the forum.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Next meeting Tuesday week March 6th. We could consider new Topaz garage on Tipperary/Ballysimon road with sit down area and deli, Supermacs next door.

Reactions: Rez