Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Limerick monthly meetings

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
A few pics from tonight's meeting. We ended up chatting ages and by the time we realised we had planned a drive it was too late..........and Colette needed to drive home before it got dark. Oh how we've all done that thanks to shitty lights that won't work!!!!!

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Nice pics Cathal, it was great to see Colette's "Pink Lady" at the meet and as Cathal said the evening flew by just chatting. Just shows I suppose how when the weather is so fine it takes little more than good company and a shared interest to have a good time. When I got home I had the following message from Rez after the Kilkenny meet, I'm just going to paste it up here to see what kind of response it elicits. I think it's a nice idea but will require a little bit of extra effort to pull it off.

"We had our Kilkenny meet tonight and I suggested a joint meet, possibly next month (weather depending). I'm just gauging an interest so far so I'd like to know if we organised for both the Kilkenny and Limerick meets join up for a meet in Thurles would you be interested? It would mean convoys from each county and we could get members Tip/Caher/Clonmel to join us at the meeting point.

I don't want to take from either of the currently monthly meets but as a once off it could be fun. I understand people have work commitments etc and obviously you'd have to leave Limerick about 6:00-6:30.
Let me know. It's just an idea so far but all of the KK lads said they'd be up for it."
Kev

Last edited:

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Keep an eye on this forum Derek and you'll get all the updates about meetings.They're usually on the first tuesday of the month at Chawkes, Dublin Rd., about 7.30pm. You will be very welcome, as will anyone with an interest in VW's.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Nice pics Cathal, it was great to see Colette's "Pink Lady" at the meet and as Cathal said the evening flew by just chatting. Just shows I suppose how when the weather is so fine it takes little more than good company and a shared interest to have a good time. When I got home I had the following message from Rez after the Kilkenny meet, I'm just going to paste it up here to see what kind of response it elicits. I think it's a nice idea but will require a little bit of extra effort to pull it off.

"We had our Kilkenny meet tonight and I suggested a joint meet, possibly next month (weather depending). I'm just gauging an interest so far so I'd like to know if we organised for both the Kilkenny and Limerick meets join up for a meet in Thurles would you be interested? It would mean convoys from each county and we could get members Tip/Caher/Clonmel to join us at the meeting point.

I don't want to take from either of the currently monthly meets but as a once off it could be fun. I understand people have work commitments etc and obviously you'd have to leave Limerick about 6:00-6:30.
Let me know. It's just an idea so far but all of the KK lads said they'd be up for it."
Kev

Thanks for that Pat.
Its just an idea so far so let me know if you'd be up for that folks?

Dolly Rocker

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2012
co clare
Hey there , just wanted to say thank you to all the lovely bunch of lads who i met on tuesday . Pat Coxy Steve Diarmuid .Sound out fellas good advice for a rookie like me and given me some food for thought regarding my pink Dolly, really appreciate it Sorry for any inconvenience caused . Diarmuid i think was looking to go to Supermacs .....

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Anybody want to meet up tomorrow night ? Tis the first Tues of the month and 1st meet of 2017 too.
The usual time 19:30 at Chawkes.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
A little late but a brief update on February meeting. Myself, John and Diarmuid were there on a bitterly cold evening spent in the relative comfort and warmth of my Volvo. John had his T25 but the Volvo had better heating and we could still see the T25 through the fogged up windows so we felt it was still a VW themed evening. Hopefully, when the brighter warmer evenings arrive we will arrange short trips to Killaloe, Ballina etc and attract bigger turnout. Any non eircooled vintage VW owners out there that members are aware are of course welcome to come along and talk auld shite too.

Reactions: Coxy, trev and Rez

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Monthly meet on tomorrow night at usual spot. For all the vw heads and the brave. Hopefully weather will improve some bit. See ye there.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
No Title

Hi guys, just a quick update from last nights April meeting. Myself, Mr. O'Toole and Diarmuid were there on a nice if a bit dull and chilly spring evening. Hopefully for the upcoming brighter and warmer evenings we will get a few more attending. All are welcome and its always good to see something new. Last night we had Coxy's cathallook beetle fresh from Volksworld to dazzle us. This is a really eye catching car painted in brightest yellow that is stunning to look at. The dull evening light muted the colour somewhat but on a sunny day this car could not pass unnoticed anywhere. A super job. Here are a few photos but this needs to be seen up close. Anyone know where I might get a set of Savannah beige spanners for the van?

Attachments

• photo22749.jpg
    photo22749.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo22750.jpg
    photo22750.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • photo22751.jpg
    photo22751.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 1

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
:lol: You've a way with words Pat :D

I never took any pics but I meant to take a pic of where Pat mounted his Eircooled club badge - a clever mounting to the air vent on the dash of his Bay Window. Really clever mounting. Must get a photo next time I see Pat's camper.