Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Kildare Meeting Monasterevin 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm. N7 Service Station

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland

Well I could of done with a pair of those on me as I almost shit myself when the bug wouldn't stop quickly enough and I ended up rear ending the car in front of me...no less than 50m after leaving my house to head down to the meet! Luckily all the damage was on my end and the other guy went on his way with only a tiny scratch. Me on the other hand came out a little worse!

bonnet1.jpg

Bent the bumper of the ground and pulled back into the driveway. Gutted, I went straight into the house to calm down with a cuppa tea. Was gonna knock it on the head and take the Van to the meet but after a few minutes when I'd stop cursing myself for my stupidity I headed out to assess the damage.

bonnet2.jpg

Luckily all the damage was confined to the Bonnet and the Bumper Brackets. Quickly stripped it all down and 30mins later with the hammer-n-dolly it was all put back together and I was on the road again to the meet. Needs a bit more work with the dolly and then I'll get the bonnet resprayed.

bonnet3.jpg

Made it to the meet and the run down in the sunshine with the Ragtop open cheered me up big-time!
bonnet4.jpg

4 members present...Duts, Trev, Andrew and myself.
bonnet5.jpg

bonnet6.jpg

bonnet7.jpg

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Ouch! That's a balls..........and I said to Beag "don't be swapping out good brake parts for shitty used, virtually useless parts before you sell it" but then, that's Beag for ya!

At least the lights didn't get it or the quarters. Ready for Terenure?

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
He dropped his hair piece in. had to get it before it was destroyed in gearbox oil!

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Are we good to go again tomorrow??? This is the third wed of the month and Sam I know there is 5 wed in this month too just roll with it!!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
won't be there tomorrow :( the whole 5 Wednesdays in the month has me very confused.

See ye in Monard instead...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
so just yerself then Duts. If you can *shock* put it off to the FOURTH wednesday in the month I'll be there. Or is it too close to D-Day? :ROFLMAO:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I propose that this month we postpone it to Wednesday 24th July, as a one-off arrangement. In future we'll stick to the third Wednesday?